Which Do You Choose: Lessons or Equipment?

Which Do You Choose: Lessons or Equipment?

• Lessons

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Equipment/Accessories

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
If you were given $500 to spend on anything golf related, are you spending it on lessons or are you buying new golf equipment/accessories? Why?

Personally, I'm spending it on lessons as I think if I get a better swing, the equipment I'm playing won't matter quite as much.
But I know there are others that just love something new and shiny in the bag. What do you think?

New and shiny. 10 times out of 10

It really depends on the situation. Right now, I'm taking the lessons because I'm very happy with my bag setup at the moment. But at other times, if I've got my eyes on something that I have good confidence will improve my game, I may go that route.

Right now lessons...not necessarily my answer every time but need some help over new and shiny

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well I just bought a bunch of equipment so I would go lessons. I have never had one and think I am going to look into it next offseason. I don't want to mess with too much at one time :)

Equipment because I don't often buy new gear.

I'm going with lessons without question, but hopefully $500 covers lessons from someone really good who can help me make great strides.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 of us up here in Chicagoland just started taking lessons from the same guy so if you are in the area and need a recommendation...we have one :p

Well I just bought a bunch of equipment so I would go lessons. I have never had one and think I am going to look into it next offseason. I don't want to mess with too much at one time :)

3 of us up here in Chicagoland just started taking lessons from the same guy so if you are in the area and need a recommendation...we have one :p

I've been following that discussion and groupon deals. He's a bit far away though (an hour drive for me). Although I'm considering seeing if there is any group rate or try to schedule back to back appts with a buddy.

Depends on what I have in my bag, right now I'm pretty happy so I'd probably go lessons. This is a first though really, 90% of the time I'm going equipment.

I would probably say equipment... Bushnell Pro X2 or money towards the F7 One Length, but really it should be going towards lessons…

Who you guys seeing? I need to see an instructor again myself.

Yeah, he's an hour 5 from us...but WELL worth it. And since lessons are 3-4 weeks apart usually to give you time to work on things,
the drive isn't too bad.

I've been following that discussion and groupon deals. He's a bit far away though (an hour drive for me). Although I'm considering seeing if there is any group rate or try to schedule back to back appts with a buddy.

Tim Overman at Golf In Motion. He has a Groupon right now for 2 - 1 hour lessons. He's fantastic.

I would probably say equipment... Bushnell Pro X2 or money towards the F7 One Length, but really it should be going towards lessons…

Who you guys seeing? I need to see an instructor again myself.

lessons sound nice. But I'd go equipment every single time.

I should say lessons.....but you know how that goes.

Since I'm rather new to golfing, I would probably go with lessons, but really depends on if there is a nice looking Driver that is on sale.

Lessons. New equipment is pretty to look at and use but lessons will let you use clubs more effectively and most accessories I dint need an upgrade for yet

I would probably go equipment right now.

Lessons. If my clubs are relatively up to date a better swing benefits me more than new clubs.

Tim Overman at Golf In Motion. He has a Groupon right now for 2 - 1 hour lessons. He's fantastic.

1 hour 20 minutes from my house, not bad and especially at that price. I think I'll have to go snag that groupon!

1 hour 20 minutes from my house, not bad and especially at that price. I think I'll have to go snag that groupon!
Yeah it's well worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

$500 would pretty much cover my lessons for a full year so I am in two minds about what I would spend it on as I am currently having lessons, but having tried the Epic driver and seeing the gains I got I could spend the money on that as well

I would be tempted to buy the Epic, then sell my GBB and put whatever I got from that towards more lessons :D

Lessons, if you would've asked me a year ago, my answer would be shiny and new.

Depending on my bag set up. But probably more times then not lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back