2017 TaylorMade M2 Hybrid

Oh yes, In the past year I've owned (several each) Titleist, TaylorMade, Exotics hybrids, today I own a Hogan VKTR hybrid. I try hitting them all the time and just can't. I think I expect too much from them, or maybe I'm using the wrong shafts, or maybe I'll never hit them with confidence; who knows.

With that said, I do like the way both the M1 and M2 sets up and I'll be willing to guess that I'll own one of those soon...I'm sure I'll be spending more buckage soon - haha!
I've figured out to setup more like an iron with the hybrids and seems to work on the range.

I'm curious to go give the taylormade a whack to see how they feel

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's funny, to me looking at the third photo I'd say it would be toe biased if any. In reality, it's equal. Just funny how the eye sees what you've already thought and assumed.
The eyes do funny things!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Although I have not seen this in person yet, I think it looks just fine. I would definitely put it in play!

Has anyone hit this club or have it in play yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One thing that concerned me that I meant to dig into a bit further is the stock shaft option. I haven't had any experience with the TM REAX shafts so I wound up grabbing the Cobra KING F7 with the Fujikura shaft in it. Now I totally understand they're all made for the club they're put into, but it just concerned me not knowing much about it.

It was mid to low launching for me. Ball flight kind of all over the place. Shaft length way to long. If you're looking for a distance oriented hybrid it fits the bill. But for accuracy I think there are better options out there.
Bummer too because I really like the looks of it. It's got a long heel to toe shape but narrower from face to back.

I've looked at these several times and have been waiting for one to hit the demo bin at the store closest to work so I can give it a try in their bays. I'm kind of iffy on the Aeroburners and my Cobra hybrids are working for me for the most part, and I surprisingly really like the Burner 5H I bought used locally, so I'm not overly motivated to swap anything out at the moment. But thoughts change like the weather at times so who knows what next week will bring.

The hybrid line of the M2 is by far the most intriguing part of their line to me. I really like the shape of these. I'm really not hitting my 5 iron very well and can definitely see myself picking up one of these hybrids to replace it.

I picked up one of these Saturday. I tried the Apex, Steelhead, Cobra, and Titleist. I hit the Apex and M2 exactly the same. I picked the M2 due to being cheaper. No regrets on it either.

Back