Hybrid Shaft Recommendations

JohnWhirl

Reaction score
So I took the plunge last night and ordered a 4 & 5 Adams TightLies hybrid from RBG. It was kind of hard to pass up 2 new hybrids for $55 shipped. The problem is that the 5 was only available in a Senior flex, which will be way too light for me. I have R flex in all my Woods, and Uniflex iron shafts, so I know I need to go for a Regular flex. The Stock shaft is the MR Kuro Kage 65, and ideally I'd love to have a matching set, but I don't think I'm going to find one super cheap. All the outlets that are selling the Made for shafts only have SR and X flexes.

So I'm looking at several options in the $30 or less range, and here are some I'm considering:
Matrix VLCT Altus 75 Hybrid (From the Cobra Fly-Z line. I would have a club builder remove the adapter, attach the head, and cut it to size).
Matrix Kujoh 65 Hybrid
Matrix RedTie HQ3
MR Fubuki Z60 Hybrid

I would love to hear any feedback you might have on any of these shafts! Thanks in advance!

I'm a fan of the red tie aldila tour green or irod shafts

not sure if the last 2 r in ur price range

I'm a fan of the red tie aldila tour green or irod shafts

not sure if the last 2 r in ur price range

I just found a tour green for $40 on eBay, so that's not too hateful! That would put me at $65 (+Labor) which isn't too bad! Thanks for the tip!

If you can handle a stiff flex shaft, I'm sure I have one around the house that you can Have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can handle a stiff flex shaft, I'm sure I have one around the house that you can Have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you alez367! I wouldn't mind trying it out! I'll PM you to keep from bogging down the thread!

Back