Traveling with Push cart

rflores2323

Reaction score
Handicap
My daughter was accepted to play in the IMG World Championship in July. Very proud dad!! We are going to be traveling with her clubs to San Diego and I wanted to take a push cart with us. I was wondering if anyone has traveled with a push cart or how do other parents do it when they travel?

Also does anyone recommend a good push cart that is small when folded? not too costly either. We had one however its not working anymore so its time for a new one. :)

Thanks

RF

Are you driving or taking this on a plane?

When I fly I find a different solution at my destination. Do they rent them on site? Borrow from a local THPer?

Anything that folds small costs money and with airlines charging for everything you bring on I can't see where bringing a cart would be worthwhile. 99% of courses rent carts. I would check ahead and see what they have.

Yeah renting has to be cheaper, and I like the idea of asking if a THPer in the area would be willing to borrow you one.

I have to agree: traveling is done without the cart, hauling the clubs will be expensive enough :)

Rent or borrow one where she has to play. Sure you won't like some of the carts, but it's way cheaper. :)

And if you are thinking of buying, it may make sense to buy it (or have it shipped) there. That way you only pay the airline for the return leg (unless you have status or the right card and the baggage is free).

We are flying southwest so baggage is free including golf clubs. We cant rent clubs as she needs to use her own as this is a very important tournament for her.

We will be playing at the Lomas executive course in San Diego. Anyone nearby?

We are flying southwest so baggage is free including golf clubs. We cant rent clubs as she needs to use her own as this is a very important tournament for her.

We will be playing at the Lomas executive course in San Diego. Anyone nearby?

With Southwest then if you think she will use it more than once I'd go ahead and buy one and a case/bag to protect it. My gf lives just up the road in Cardiff. If you like Mexican food then you need to go to Las Olas on the 101, maybe 3 miles from the course.

Buy one, have it shipped to your hotel before you arrive, then either ship it back home or take it on the plane.

In today's world, I would refrain from taking a golf cart with you on the plane. It will be expensive and just give you something else to complicate your air travel. As someone else has suggested, borrowing or renting one might be a better alternative. I use a push cart for all of my rounds (Over 50 per season) but I have NEVER tried to take one on a plane. (Around 4 trips per year)

Congrats to your daughter. Hope she does well. I know you're proud!!

Back