My tester pack of snell mtb against tp5x

madi05

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm one of the lucky guys to get to test a sleeve of snell mtb balls out ,so I had a beautiful day to give then a go, I played them against the be Taylormade tp5x balls to see how the stacked up
cd1cb6c34e8d90217dcd005ae3bb746f.jpg

Luckily I have a public place that the pro and I are freinds so I can go there and tee it up on a par 5 that you can swing away on and make a 3 hole loop
46ada610ffb8933ef6974ce69ebf7b88.jpg

I also was testing it the new M1 against the M2 Dave hole the M2 beat my epic at smh
So on drivers they felt really close of of the tee in my hands at impact, and sound was the same, so what I did was hit a snell then a tp5x with each head and go back and do it again
Verdict, distance is what we all went to know, on what I call my really good shot, I would give the edge to TM ,I caught a few that were 270+ I hit one mtb like that but most were behind, my saying was pretty solid today so the test was real and the mtb is a really damn good ball on distance of the tee
Dispersion, mostly the same really
Ok next I tried a 150 yd shot I'm accustomed to
cfb2fd0cfea9e7f6c3e56330108626c7.jpg
5b82568adf419a584d823faa89aa9874.jpg

A little wind was in the face , the pin was back so hind sight the hike wat playing about 160 ,I hit all four s***s solid high draws
f993ff078393db81c42266f69006e9b6.jpg

Distance, pretty much on par
Feel, but felt great and if blind folded I probably couldn't tell, but in my mind the TM is better, lol I guess it's a name brand in my mind thing
Dispersion, the 2 on the green were TM ,the mtb that is missing is right but on the green edge I believe, the sun was in my eyes bad when I took that picture lol
Verdict, I'm 100% sure I could game both balls and the outcome would be the same , but as we know good is 90% mental so mentally the name brand TM and Sergio just winning the Masters makes me love the tp5x and I got a hell of a price on those as well, so if I had to pay $45 tm or $20 mtb I'm not sure what they are retail I would save my money but I paid $32 for the tp5x so that really makes me love them

Hope this was helpful for someone and now I have a great respect for jman and other reviewers because my fingers are tired???

How did they compare in shorter, touch shots around the green?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thoughts so far, what are you seeing in terms of durability side by side? I've also got some TP5x in my bag that I'll be comparing the Snell against.

Nice thoughts - agreed if it was true retail the price of the Snell would be my decider

Sergio plays the TP5

How did they compare in shorter, touch shots around the green?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I they both checked nice on what u call a quarter swing hitting down SW but I did feel the tp5x edged out just a bit on the touch control, what I call and mostly used bump and run shot, just get a touch better but again if u had to pay 45 vs. 20 it would be mtb but I got the tp5x for really so for that I have to say TM

Putting was the same thump feeling but the tp5x seemed to go in the cup more on the 8 footer but it was most likely the Indian and not the arrow, putting is my downfall lol

Thanks for the thoughts so far, what are you seeing in terms of durability side by side? I've also got some TP5x in my bag that I'll be comparing the Snell against.
Funny you asked I played the tp5x for a few weeks now and man is it durable , my gamer used to be and I still like them maxfli u6x is a 6 piece payers ball and it's cover is not as good as the tp5x but I ago get those for bogo one a year for 40 , the mtb is on par but I didn't really hit any trees or cart paths today to really great it lol , but if the tee and wedges and mid irons I saw nothing thaw would tell me these are not just as durable as the tp5x

Back