Cobra King F7 vs Callaway Steelhead XR's

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for insights from anyone who has swung both sets. What are the differences you saw in feel, distance and dispersion?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looking for insights from anyone who has swung both sets. What are the differences you saw in feel, distance and dispersion?

I would also be interested in the input

This will be interesting to hear. Two pretty phenomenal clubs from what I've read.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Figure I'd bump this to make sure it gets seen.

This will be interesting to hear. Two pretty phenomenal clubs from what I've read.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the look of the F7's at address. This is tough. Definitely need feedback.

I haven't compared the normal F7 but did hit the King OS against the Steelheads (7i) and some others. These were the two longest carry distance clubs of the bunch.
155 Steelhead
150 King OS
Normal 7i for me is 140-145.

On a cg2 the Steelhead showed reduculous distance for me. Which I'm always skeptical of because it spun very low which usually inflates instance on me and Doesn't translate to the course for me.
The King on the other hand was the highest launching club and 2nd longest of the bunch. I plan to hit these both at next month's demo day.

I have hit both, but neither on a launch monitor. I wish I could be helpful. I prefer the look of the F7. Both are extremely playable irons. I can not speak to distance or spin #'s.

I wouldn't buy a golf club without hitting it on a Launch Monitor. So much good tech, the differences can be so small and make a big difference for your game.
Good luck and let us know where you land!

I'm having trouble finding reviews on the f7 irons period. Tons on the one length, but not the standard.

Would love to try these with modus 105s.

I'm having trouble finding reviews on the f7 irons period. Tons on the one length, but not the standard.

Would love to try these with modus 105s.

That's my issue. I dont even think there's a full THP review although I did find the preview.

That's my issue. I dont even think there's a full THP review although I did find the preview.

Yeah, there isnt, Jman confirmed that. He said they were awfully similar to the F6, FWIW

Yeah, there isnt, Jman confirmed that. He said they were awfully similar to the F6, FWIW

Interesting. I've heard others say they were a huge improvement over the F6's. Settling on my next set is getting difficult. Gotta go hit em.

Interesting. I've heard others say they were a huge improvement over the F6's. Settling on my next set is getting difficult. Gotta go hit em.

I am pretty happy with my steelheads, but I'm always intrigued . Also, so impressed with the f7 driver and fairways, I'm itching to try these.

Sucks tho, as I'm sure the apexes will be out soon

I am pretty happy with my steelheads, but I'm always intrigued . Also, so impressed with the f7 driver and fairways, I'm itching to try these.

Sucks tho, as I'm sure the apexes will be out soon

Apex's are on a 2yr cycle, right?

Back