The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Golf at that level is akin to the guy who does the plate spinning on the sticks. Can't ignore any of them or down they go.

Y'all are outta your minds!! Did no one see the bladed bunker shots, the chunked chips etc!? I am and always have been a TW fan by the way, just because I disagree or have my own opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. Maybe if I was an old boy people would agree with me but no, saffaclint said it so let's all instantly disagree.

I simply see things differently than you. From what I've watched of Tiger since the Master's, he has been scrambling like crazy because his tee ball puts him in very bad position off the tee. He often times doesn't even have a chance at the green and has to play to a position on the course that gives him a shot, and from there he's been getting up and down quite often to save par. If he can solve that two way miss off the tee and at least give himself a shot at the green, I think those par attempts/saves become birdie attempts, which helps all golfers score better.

And for what it's worth, I would've responded the exact same way to anybody else on the forums if they would have made a similar comment to the one that you made. It has nothing to do who said it, it has to do what what was said.

Is Tiger using a 460cc head? I heard that a lot of pros are moving back to much smaller heads because they hit better with it and are more accurate.

Is Tiger using a 460cc head? I heard that a lot of pros are moving back to much smaller heads because they hit better with it and are more accurate.

According to the Nike TW Vapor driver they just released, I believe he is using a 420cc head.

As an aside, I was watching The Golf Channel Academy (I think) special with John Daly, and he said most people shouldn't use the 460cc size head because it slows their swings speed down.

So if TW eliminates the two way miss he'll have more chances at getting to greens in regulation and his scoring will improve?
I see it very differently, no matter which way he misses the fact remains he's missing fairways by a MILE. Sure it'll help knowing that he going to be playing from either one side or the other but if you're still hitting from the bush constantly there's no way your scores improve.
He needs to stop chasing distance and find a way if finding fairways, the game is a lot easier from there, I'd rather be hitting a club or two more into a green from the fairway than hitting a shorter iron from the jungle. It's not rocket science TW.

He made a career for years missing one way. His miss with Haney was a giant block fade, but he knew it was going to miss that way. Half the side of the course isn't an issue when you can just hold off block fade the hell out of it and not have to worry about it.

How can a small headed driver be more accurate? More workable, sure, I will agree there.

So if TW eliminates the two way miss he'll have more chances at getting to greens in regulation and his scoring will improve?
I see it very differently, no matter which way he misses the fact remains he's missing fairways by a MILE. Sure it'll help knowing that he going to be playing from either one side or the other but if you're still hitting from the bush constantly there's no way your scores improve.
He needs to stop chasing distance and find a way if finding fairways, the game is a lot easier from there, I'd rather be hitting a club or two more into a green from the fairway than hitting a shorter iron from the jungle. It's not rocket science TW.
If I was Joey Lacava, I would take his driver, 3w and 5w out of his bag at Chambers Bay. Put in a 2i and two more wedges. Just tell him to hit stingers for four days.

But that's probably why I'm not his caddy.

Haney tweeted this week that Tiger needed to find that stinger again also. You are not alone in thinking that.

Does Chambers Bay play like a real links style course? I mean does it have a lot run out or does it play wet and lush?

Does Chambers Bay play like a real links style course? I mean does it have a lot run out or does it play wet and lush?

Yes to real links. And Davis has said he wants to emphasize that.

I've heard it's fast and firm with tons of hills, if that's true the golfer with a lot of patience and great stamina is going to win this thing, especially if he can turn it both directions.

I have never been clear on why he keeps changing his swing. Has he had injuries that forced him to make changes, or has the quest for the elusive perfect swing hurt his body and swing? If anyone can adjust to an injury, it's him. If he's on the path of the latter, WTF? He's already Tiger Freaking Woods!

Yes to real links. And Davis has said he wants to emphasize that.
yeah Mike davis is turning the US Open into a moon scape, the stinger would work well

I've heard it's fast and firm with tons of hills, if that's true the golfer with a lot of patience and great stamina is going to win this thing, especially if he can turn it both directions.
I think long irons and a stinger would do him well then. I'd pull a St andrews and leave the driver in the bag.

I'm not a Tiger fanboy, but I really would like to see him come back and start winning again. Kinda makes me sad to see him struggle the way he has been, don't really know why, it just does. I find myself really pulling for him now to come back. I guess I can really see now that his overarching goal in life was to beat Jack's record, and I truly hope he does.

Why is he not playing this week?

Still trying to add up his score from last week?

found the answer

He is at Chambers practicing, I was watching Komo a Seatle news channel which showed him there. I like the dedication, hope he finishes well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he needs more reps. Why not head to play? Most ******** and confusing thing is the PC answers of "need more reps", "its a process", "Working on it", "She wasnt that ugly"..

Why is he not playing this week?

I'm guessing it's because the US Open is next week. I'm not sure if he's ever played the week before a major, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing it's because the US Open is next week. I'm not sure if he's ever played the week before a major, but I could be wrong.
But he keeps saying he needs reps.
And in the past he wasnt shooting 85 and missing more cuts than making.

If someone is going to keep doing what they are doing and expecting different results, well...

Back