chpar4

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The boys are at it again. Part two. Can't wait to see the antics this year. Sponsors nightmare.
ba6963a31a192bd063736a96e80dd3c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was this the trip last year where a, shall we say, potentially incriminating photo of one of these squeaky clean gents surfaced for a brief period?

Sponsors nightmare? Or a sponsored "nightmare"?

Hey they could be doing worse things... see United thread...

It has it's own Snapchat filter...

fonz.jpg

Nothing to worry about here...this is more N'SYNC and way less 2 Live Crew.

was this the trip last year where a, shall we say, potentially incriminating photo of one of these squeaky clean gents surfaced for a brief period?

Why does this not ring a bell?

Good to see Jordan is continuing his driving dominance while on vacation. #HookMonster #AnythingButFairways #GetALesson

If he did that himself, I might be somewhat impressed. An 81 year old man tweeting about #SB2k17, hashtag and all.

It has it's own Snapchat filter...

fonz.jpg

The thought of a room full of PR people sitting around discussing this trip and how it impacts their players "brand" makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

If he did that himself, I might be somewhat impressed. An 81 year old man tweeting about #SB2k17, hashtag and all.

I don't doubt that is legitimately Gary Player tweeting that, and tongue in cheek no less. Player is a twitter beast. He's constantly congratulating players for winning tournaments on all levels. Check out his twitter account.

LOL @ GP tweet

The only thing that stood out about this sort of thing from last year is how poorly all four of these cats played for several months afterwards. Granted, I'm not gonna argue with whatever Justin Thomas wants to do, because he's absolutely killing it lately, but I distinctly remember some really killer scores at the Players last year from these four, as I think three of the four did the Friday night trunk slam, most notably defending champ, Rickie Fowler.

Again, to each his own, but this sort of thing didn't help their games last year. It will be interesting to see how future results turn out after this.

Oh and btw, I guess Beef didn't get an invite after all. He had lobbied on twitter to be invited, and Justin Thomas even responded in kind. I guess not everything you see on twitter is true. :sarcastic:

Bahama%20Boys%20Players.jpg
Bahama%20Boys%20Players.jpg

Last edited:
We're all entitled to a vacation now and then, these four just seem to like to go together and have a guys weekend. Wish I could do the same.

We're all entitled to a vacation now and then, these four just seem to like to go together and have a guys weekend. Wish I could do the same.

I'm great with blowing off steam, I'm just not interested in following these kids. #over-exposed #narcissist

Party on boys! Good to see them acting human. Mr Player's tweet is awesome in so many ways.

I'm just glad that they didn't fly united.

This is so awesome to see. To the people against it what do you expect from a bunch of guys under the age of 28? They're taking a vacation from their jobs and having fun doing what everyone else does. If it was that big a deal to their sponsors I'm sure they'd hear about it from them. Not to mention if anything I'd say this makes people bigger fans of these guys for being normal. They look like they're playing golf for fun which I'm sure isn't easy. Hell on Feherty, Rory said he doesn't play golf for fun anymore, that would suck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is so awesome to see. To the people against it what do you expect from a bunch of guys under the age of 28? They're taking a vacation from their jobs and having fun doing what everyone else does. If it was that big a deal to their sponsors I'm sure they'd hear about it from them. Not to mention if anything I'd say this makes people bigger fans of these guys for being normal. They look like they're playing golf for fun which I'm sure isn't easy. Hell on Feherty, Rory said he doesn't play golf for fun anymore, that would suck.

I'm 100% not against it, I just don't understand why it's such a big deal and why they they feel the need to create this 24/7 window into their world. Get over yourself. Go on vacation, have a blast, get drunk, slay the dragon - just keep it between you and your buddies. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I'm 100% not against it, I just don't understand why it's such a big deal and why they they feel the need to create this 24/7 window into their world. Get over yourself. Go on vacation, have a blast, get drunk, slay the dragon - just keep it between you and your buddies. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I'm sure they're doing some stuff they keep off the snapchat but at the same time I think it's really cool they open themselves up for the fans. Especially for golfers. They have a way of making it feel like you're with em and apart of it. I don't think they're doing it to show off as much as they're doing it to be open for the fans. I could be wrong tho. Either way I love it. Also I've had a bunch of my friends that aren't avid golf fans text me and tell me how cool it is to see pro golfers bro out on a vacation.

Actually so far if I remember correctly it looks a bit tamer this year so far. At that age with the resources they have, I'd have been doing it every other month. And yes the tweet by Mr. Player is the tweet of the year so far, IMO.

Back