2nd swing fitting experience

Jmilla

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys just wanted to share my experience of an iron fitting at their Minnetonka store.
I hAve been fitted for a driver at a different place and have never been fitted for irons before this. I felt my driver has been incorrectly fitted and we talked about addressing this later. We talked about me being a high handicap and needing lessons which we both agreed on.

I had been using an off the rack a7os set from a few year back and have been super inconsistent. I got fitted by Aaron there and started with a consultation about what I'm looking for and static measurements I hit my 7 iron 150 and carry my driver 230. I was looking at used ping sets and was still looking at sgi type irons. he had me hit several different types of irons he thought might fit and kept changing based off of my misses and such. He also have a bit of setup and swing advice when my swing and contact went to pot during the fitting. We finally settled on a used set of Cleveland 588 mt 6-dw in regular flex with me keeping my hybrids as I hit them well. He bent lie and adjusted wedge lofts to fit the set and I hit my newly customized irons after. What a difference it made. My spin and distance numbers are better. Iron play is no longer terrifying to me and my handicap is going down every time I play. He was always patient with my crappy swing and truly helped me find a way to improve as well as keeping the mood light. I am super satisfied and will never go anywhere else in Mn for my golf clubs.
If you're in MN I truly recommend this place.

They also will refit anything you guys for the life of the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the Minneapolis store last night to hit the Bridgestone clubs and even though they knew I wasn't buying anything they were very helpful.

I had a bad ebay expernce with these guys but they turned around and made the best of it so we were both pleased. I felt like an ass for being so upset after, they do have good CS.

Glad they got you squared away with some nice sticks.

Best part of all this because it's an n flight fitting you get a printout with all your stats and a comparison of all the clubs and your measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out a couple of days ago that there is a Second Swing less than five minutes from me. I might have to check it out one day.

Bumping this thread....

I spent 1h 45min at 2nd Swing today for a driver fitting. What a fantastic experience!!! Awesome fitter and their facility is 1st class. They obviously want to sell clubs but I felt the fitter focused on finding the right setup instead of selling a driver...today! I just can't say enough good things about the experience. I've purchased equipment from them in the past and will be spending more money there this Spring/Summer.

My current gamer is a Ping G400 SFT with Tour 65 Reg shaft. Lately, there's been too much draw (i.e. borderline hook). I wanted to see if a low spin head would be a better solution. We tried most of the current heads (Ping G400 LST, Titleist TS2, TM M6, Cobra F9, and Callaway Flash) with numerous shafts.

Take aways;
- consistently deliver club from the inside and don't need a draw head
- spin dropped with low spin heads (-600 rpm with Ping G400 LST)
- Reg vs Stiff flex didn't affect ball flight too much
- heavier shaft created pushes
- club/ball/distance efficiency is above average
- best solution for gaining distance is increasing club head speed!!! It's just math.

Conclusion/Ponder:
- Ping G400 LST
- Rogue SZ

Back