The Car Shopping Thread

I can see it, but I REALLY like the side profile of the new Mustang. It looks like a huge step in the right direction, and I love that it is losing weight too.

And the current Mustang has a 4 banger also, its a new world.
Kind of they did this back in the 80's with the Thunderbird and Mustang with the SVO 4cyl turbo. I think its cool but still a Mustang or Camaro with anything other than a V8 just isn't what I would think of.

Bullfrog, that car looks nice what upgrades do you have planned? Sternalot, the Polestar looks interesting, I'm just not a fan of the rear but that car would probably be a ton of fun to drive.

I'm not a fan of the styling on the recent Camaros but the updated styling is a step in the right direction.

I just got contacted by another dealer asking if I purchased an R yet, a little late. I also got a quote for lowering the car, alignment and to go stage one. Was cheaper than I expected so that's probably happening sometime this summer. Also looking at intakes but those aren't that expensive. Might bring the car to VW for the one mandatory service first so I don't get TD1 flagged right away. Then I just have to stop looking at stuff because Stage 2 was just released and Stage 3 is probably going to be mind blowing. Good thing I'm single.

The Car Shopping Thread

Bullfrog, that car looks nice what upgrades do you have planned? Sternalot, the Polestar looks interesting, I'm just not a fan of the rear but that car would probably be a ton of fun to drive.

I'm not a fan of the styling on the recent Camaros but the updated styling is a step in the right direction.

I just got contacted by another dealer asking if I purchased an R yet, a little late. I also got a quote for lowering the car, alignment and to go stage one. Was cheaper than I expected so that's probably happening sometime this summer. Also looking at intakes but those aren't that expensive. Might bring the car to VW for the one mandatory service first so I don't get TD1 flagged right away. Then I just have to stop looking at stuff because Stage 2 was just released and Stage 3 is probably going to be mind blowing. Good thing I'm single.

First things I'm doing is window tint, some black out stuff and powder coat the wheels. Then later gonna change exhaust, add a cold air intake and headers and a cam then have it tuned. Way later gonna add a super charger and get it to 585 hp!

Here is my actual car...

29ea6200dab5ac16ecd08b3aca09c0e0.jpg
a94743006b41ebc9088501d4dcf076c4.jpg
ce62c164330fa1968c9da9ddaf0ac555.jpg
6f89368098bf20abeac4b38ac1f3142d.jpg

Heated and cooled Recaro Race seats
2b1f029ae5d2c413faa8f5a92cff7330.jpg

I'm pumped! Windows done tomorrow. Black side vents getting installed weds. And painting the spoiler and bow tie emblems next week.

Last edited:
To be fair, BMW does the same thing. A lot of manufactures actually have some sort of audible tuning into the cabin.

So does Volkswagon. Its one of those things that can annoy you if you know what the engine is supposed to sound like but at the same time you cant really hear it over the radio so it doesn't matter much.

Helping my sister pick up a new car, I think she is going to get a 1-3 year old Passat.

Has anyone bought, tested or rented the current Chrysler 200. I like it everytime I see it and I see it pretty often which I take as a good sign.Wondering about mileage and ride.

Has anyone bought, tested or rented the current Chrysler 200. I like it everytime I see it and I see it pretty often which I take as a good sign.Wondering about mileage and ride.
I tried it, and came away unimpressed, but I honestly don't have anything bad to say about it, I just didn't feel it

Looks nice and the interior is solid. But current Mopars just scare me.

Looks nice and the interior is solid. But current Mopars just scare me.
I agree and it is their history that worries me.I have had a car for decades. Mini vans and SUV's. I think it looks killer but just not enough knowledge to do anything.

Yeah, I can't stand the noise generator on my friends GTI. We removed the hockey-puck on his car. :D

I agree and it is their history that worries me.I have had a car for decades. Mini vans and SUV's. I think it looks killer but just not enough knowledge to do anything.
They get pretty bad mileage from what I hear. I had a dodge suv and that is the first and last dodge product i will own. That thing was held together by elmers paste it felt like.

So it turns out my car has the fake engine noise. I have always been shocked how great it sounds under hard acceleration compared to how quiet it is at all other times.

So it turns out my car has the fake engine noise. I have always been shocked how great it sounds under hard acceleration compared to how quiet it is at all other times.

mine sounds like crap lol so I guess I dont have anything like that, but is there a way to check it out?

mine sounds like crap lol so I guess I dont have anything like that, but is there a way to check it out?
I just googled it

I just googled it

ok ok. I think they only did it in the focus sT, not in the regular one, which makes sense I guess

ok ok. I think they only did it in the focus sT, not in the regular one, which makes sense I guess
Apparently the 328 didn't have it until 14, which is what my car is.

I had one in Texas and was considering getting one. Was very disappointed, granted it was a base model but it just could not get out of its own way. Accelerating it fell flat on its face. Ride was nice though.

Jrod, my effing AC In my truck works for about 15 mins then goes to warm air? 2006 F250 4x4 with 289k

Back