What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played again with the Chromesoft, this is certainly my gamer right now. Just so much accuracy and control with it.

Played the Srixon Z-star XV all day yesterday for our THP gathering. All I have to say is that thing is durable as anything out there. I used the first ball through hole 14 of the first round, and that one definitely hit off of a tree multiple times, and it still looked like I just took it out of the pack until I finally found water with it. I think I used 3 or 4 between both rounds and none of them ever looked scuffed no matter what they hit. Performance wise they are fantastic as always, but man that durability really stuck out to me yesterday.

FG Tour. Played same ball the whole round. Durability is good and it glanced a tree or two but nothing to hard. Distance wise was as long as the b330-RX, last years Srixon z star xv. Spin on approach shots had < 2' of roll out. For chips and pitches the ball performed above expectations. Was able to get chips and pitches inside of 6' all day.

I played a Bridgestone e7. Found it in the rough...mint. Looked like it fell out of someone's pocket, not a mark on it. I played with it on the back 9. I liked the feel.

Continue to enjoy the Titleist ProV1x. As long as I don't hit it off the hozel, it performs well for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was playing Supersofts until I found a Z-Star today. Played it for 4 holes and really liked it. Hit cart path on one hole...not a mark to be found.

I played another round with the MaxFli SoftFli's. Everything felt good till the 18th hole.
I look down at my ball after the drive with a 3 wood and it had a huge crack in it.
That ball had a full 57 holes on it when it broke, but I wouldn't think that would be an issue.
Maybe my SS is a little too much for them? My driver SS avg is 102.

B330S again for the second time and I still can't say if it is the new clubs, this ball, or a combination of both that is starting to change my game

Once again I had a few approaches come up short when the ball took one or two hops and then stopped a lot quicker than I used to see, especially when playing an e6

My swing is definitely working quite well at the moment and this ball was flying well, although the wind did move it around quite a bit at times yesterday. I hit a 5i off the tee down a short par 4 that is very narrow and lined with very tall mature trees and the ball was perfectly straight until it got above the tree line and the wind carried it left

I had one bad swing that resulted in a ball that we couldn't find and one of my doubles for the day, low off the heel of my 3W that started left and turned back right into the bushes that runs down the left side of the fairway by a stream. I played a provisional just in case and I put an equally bad swing on that ball (which was an e6) and saw the same flight but this one got lucky and cleared the bushes and ended up in the fairway. 2 equally bad swings with 2 very different balls and no ball could have helped how bad those swings were.....on a brighter note, I went on to 'par' the hole with the second ball

I still have 10 of these left so I am going to stick with them until they are all gone and then maybe give the Chrome Soft a try, but initial impressions after playing the B330S for a couple rounds now is very good

I played the new Bridgestone E7 a good bit this weekend at the Ga/Fla "Gethering". I'm still very impressed with this ball. I've been pleased with it in all conditions, with all types of shots. Hard not to like.

wifey gave me a dozen chromesoft for my bday, and put them in play for 36 holes last weekend. i'll keep gaming them until they're cashed, then make a final determination. i've been playing the sr2 for about a year, and really liking its accuracy off the tee, and overall feel. i felt like it was longer than the b330-rx i'd been playing for years, and definitely more so than the occasional pro v1 i'd put into play. it's tough to tell whether the chromesoft was longer off the tee, as i had a new shaft and new 3w in play for the round, and on average my distances were about what i'd expect, though the best swing of the day with my driver was an absolute 295y bomb for me (whereas everything else was around 235-250), so maybe that was the ball? off the irons, very impressed. held its line nicely, spun better than the sr2. it was a windy day, and i thought the ball performed very well. still not as soft off the putter as a pro v1, but no complaints; distance control was actually pretty awesome all day even on difficult greens. spin with short game shots was good, but tough to judge given how firm the greens were playing.

as positive as the above impressions are, i didn't walk away 100% convinced that this would replace the sr2. but i'll say that it is already trending in that direction. will have a couple more rounds with this ball during this week.

Played a B330-s that found yesterday and didn't like it as much as I remember. Felt much firmer than the Pro V1x. Performed fine, just firmer than I care for.

Played with the e6 yesterday and it was solid. This ball helps me tremendously off the tee when the swing is off. I had a good ball striking day yesterday especially with the irons. Played 9 and hit 6 GIR. Ball held the green just fine for me.

I got some chrome softs from a trade with Orange Hog and put them in play for the first time today. They seemed to play similarly to my normal gamer the z star xv but with a softer feel. Off the tee I wasn't consistent so hard to compare but didn't seem to punish me more than any other ball. Spin off of both my irons and wedges was excellent and I spun back several shots and the others were less than a few feet from my ball mark. Off of the putter I think I lost some feel with the soft ball combined with the insert in my x3 but thay may just take some getting used to. Overall, I was very impressed and would consider playing them full time when my stash of XV's run out or I find some on sale.

Played in a scramble yesterday and we were given some Yellow Nitro balls as part of the package. Those tend to be the "bombs away" off the tee ball and swing like gorrilas we did. What impressed me was the yellow. I never played a yellow ball before, but I'm officially now a fan and will shop my next gamer purchase in Yellow. The contrast really stood out for me both in the air and on the ground. As for the Nitro, it was like hitting a rock but I got a few good pokes with them.

Bridgestone e6, helps keep me in bounds and is the perfect fit for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been playing the W/S FG Tour for the last montH to prep for the THP Legacy. It pairs nicely with the stupid high launching/lower spin D200 irons & gives me very nice green side spin if needed.

Played the Chrome Soft again today. Still my favourite ball ive used for a while.

Been trying out the nike rzn platinum!

The ball in the wind is outstanding even better than the srixon z star which I thought was unbeatable in the wind!

My usual ball is the lethal or z star!
A little about my swing!
Hcap 4
Driver ss 105-110
Aggressive wedge player! Got full shouts with all wedges!
Love to hit long irons!!!

The nike off the driver to me launch is a little lower than te lethal about on par with the z star! I'm confident that it is spinning less off the driver also! Spuds and feels a touch firmer!

The mid to long irons is where this ball really gets my attention! Again harder feeling off the face but boy that thing just doesn't move in the air it seams so stable!

Wedges

I would have to say this is where I favour the lethal and z star a touch softer feeling. And more greenside spin!

Saying that my gir have gone from 11-13 since switching! So maybe not so much of a problem.

Durability! 100% more durable than the lethal and on par with the z star the only thing is he nike stays a lot whiter for longer than the z star!

I only have two new nikes left the others are scuffed up and in the practice bag my but I have a dozen lethals I'm not sure what to do!!!! Buy more rzn platinum or finish the season with the lethal help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titleist Pro V1... Had some great shots with it, and the performance around the green was pretty good for me. I'm going to have to add these to the list of test candidates.

Played the chrome soft again today and continued to really like it. I found a b330s and tried it for a few holes and it seemed to play similar and work well for my swing. The 330s is what is recommended to me by the bridgestone online fitting tool so I may buy some more to try. From my limited testing I think I prefer the chrome soft to my normal Zstar xv, and the b330s is a strong contender as well. I've got several academy gift cards I got over the weekend for graduation and may put them towards some new golf balls.

Bought a sleeve of Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls last night at the course before my round. I played with a single ball the whole round, didn't hit any trees or cart paths with it and it still looked brand new after the round. It has plenty of spin off chips, pitches, full shots and out of the bunker (all of which I hit last night). The ball seems to go pretty straight as well. I really like it and plan to keep playing it.

I played a ProV1 for my entire round on tues. I didn't want to risk loosing a test ball as the course I played had some crazy dense knee high patches of native. Its the first time in a long time I have played a ProV1, they were a Christmas gift. This will not come as a news flash, but, its a really good ball! I was somewhat concerned that it might be a poor choose give the strong wind but it played well all day. Similar check and green side spin to the Chrome Soft. I think it might spin a touch more than the CS, I had some balls backup for me that I think would be hop and stop with CS. Distance off the tee did seem a little shorter but that is an unscientific observation.

Played a round yesterday with the Callaway HX Diablo Tour, Wilson 50, and Bridgestone Treosoft. I had been playing the Diablo Tour because I have 2 dozen sitting around. Nothing sticks out to me about the ball, but it is an all around solid ball. I really enjoyed the Treosoft. Sometimes lower compression balls feel "marshmallowy" to me but I didn't experience that all with the Treosoft. It all felt nice off of the putter and didn't really run too much on the green (the greens were wet and slow which might have contributed to this. I also played a few holes with the Wilson Staff 50, I felt I was a little longer with the Treosoft but I have no complaints about the 50.

Back