Rory Dominates Euro Tour

How many of these did he play well on Sunday and sneak into those spots. Because he isn't losing when he has the lead except for the masters. He has tendency to play well on Sunday and grab those top 5s. But is never really a threat, correct?
Isn't that the same game plan that tiger has used for his entire career?

I heard a stat somewhere (think it was Faldo during last weekend's broadcast) that his winning percentage while ranked #1 in the world is close to what Tiger's was during his #1' reigns. His play certainly is prime Tiger-esqe when he's on his A game. What he's able to do is impressive to watch and no one has the total game to match his best right now, IMO.

Tiger has one the tour cahmpionship, Las Vegas, his event, Doral, Bayhill and the Masters during that strectch as well as the Bridgestone. That is a lot of wins in the stretch 15 to 20 if my rough math is ok.

Not taking anything away from Roroy. He is the man and can't be beat when he play like he did Saturday and Sunday. But I think he will be his own man and won't get to the TW type persona. A great deal of people want that to be the case. And when and if starts dominating like he does may to September during the other months, he will be worthy. That is all I am saying. Just looking at this from another angle. Not trying to ruffle any feathers or be a Rory hater. Just putting things into perspective from where I sit.
Isn't that the same game plan that tiger has used for his entire career?

How many of these did he play well on Sunday and sneak into those spots. Because he isn't losing when he has the lead except for the masters. He has tendency to play well on Sunday and grab those top 5s. But is never really a threat, correct?

2nd - Oct 5th - 64 68 weekend
2nd
- Nov 23rd - 70 68 weekend
2nd - Jan 18th - 71 66 weekend
1st - Feb 1st - 66 70 weekend
9th - Mar 8th - 72 72 weekend
4th - April 12th - 68 66 on weekend
1st
- May 3rd - Match play

Seems like most weekends he was pretty good in that stretch. Call it a back door top 10 at doral, but the others are good.

Tiger has one the tour cahmpionship, Las Vegas, his event, Doral, Bayhill and the Masters during that strectch as well as the Bridgestone. That is a lot of wins in the stretch 15 to 20 if my rough math is ok.

Not taking anything away from Roroy. He is the man and can't be beat when he play like he did Saturday and Sunday. But I think he will be his own man and won't get to the TW type persona. A great deal of people want that to be the case. And when and if starts dominating like he does may to September during the other months, he will be worthy. That is all I am saying. Just looking at this from another angle. Not trying to ruffle any feathers or be a Rory hater. Just putting things into perspective from where I sit.

I agree with that part indeed.

To be fair, nobody said anything about Tiger until you said this.

he starts to happen I will put him in that rarefied air with the Big Cat.

He will be his own man. Based on his play, that man might the best in the deepest Tour we have seen ever.

Was just adding my opinion to the conversation. I know I mentioned Tiger. I thought it added to the conversation. As I said, not taking away from him, just giving a little food for thought.
To be fair, nobody said anything about Tiger until you said this.

He will be his own man. Based on his play, that man might the best in the deepest Tour we have seen ever.

2nd - Oct 5th - Best round was 3rd round, and then held on Sunday.
2nd
- Nov 23rd - Tied for lead after 1, held down 5 the entire tourney and ended 2nd.
2nd - Jan 18th - lost by 1, was top 10 all 4 rounds
1st - Feb 1st - 6th after day 1, first after day 2 and held the rest of the way
9th - Mar 8th - Held steady around 9-11 most of the tourney
4th - April 12th - didn't play the best first two rounds but had 2 solid round to come top 5.
1st
- May 3rd
- Match play, so no leads.

I wish I had even a third of the talent that Rory has! I'll start the conversation now - Rory will beat Jack's major record before he through.

I wish I had even a third of the talent that Rory has! I'll start the conversation now - Rory will beat Jack's major record before he through.

I'm not sure about that. He's good. And I do think he'll get double digits. But how certain was everyone about Tiger woods? It was almost a forgone conclusion that he was going to shatter it. And look at him now. Even Tiger has a long way to go to break Jack's record, and he only needs 4, not 14.

I'm not sure about that. He's good. And I do think he'll get double digits. But how certain was everyone about Tiger woods? It was almost a forgone conclusion that he was going to shatter it. And look at him now. Even Tiger has a long way to go to break Jack's record, and he only needs 4, not 14.

Was it? Im genuinely asking. I dont think it was a forgone conclusion that Tiger would break Jack's record at all. I mean many thought he would, but there were a ton of people, including part of the traditional media that did not see it happening. Then #UglyHookerGate happened and I would think more felt as though he would not from that point on.

Out of everybody currently on the tour (and I include Tiger in that discussion) Rory has the best shot ... but I don't think he makes it. He is definitely the best on tour right now, but if a few of these young guns keep up the pace, he'll have some stiff competition.

Was it? Im genuinely asking. I dont think it was a forgone conclusion that Tiger would break Jack's record at all. I mean many thought he would, but there were a ton of people, including part of the traditional media that did not see it happening. Then #UglyHookerGate happened and I would think more felt as though he would not from that point on.

I'm not sure I heard many say after he hit 14 that he wouldn't do it. Of course that changed when all that stuff went down, but after #14 it seemed everyone was pretty confident it was going to happen with little doubt. If anyone was publicly saying in the media that he would never get there, I either missed it or don't remember that. I do know the mood changed a lot once he got in marital trouble and then started getting injured. A lot of people started doubting at that point.

The way he plays the US Open, The Open and PGA. I think those alone will be his candy factory. Once he learns Augusta, he will be threat there. BUt he hits long and straight. The three majors I mention, need that. At this point I see him catching TW just with those three majors.

The way he plays the US Open, The Open and PGA. I think those alone will be his candy factory. Once he learns Augusta, he will be threat there. BUt he hits long and straight. The three majors I mention, need that. At this point I see him catching TW just with those three majors.

Very well could. And I hope he does. I've been a huge Rory fan since the start and I know people who made fun of me when I said he was going to be huge. I'm not ready to say he will break Jack's record though. 14 is a LONG way away.

I'd say that's ok!!! That's amazing.

Remember 2000 - 2004. TW went a tear when they said no way. Rory has that game and has shown he can show up on the weekend and get it down. Like a cat playing with a mouse. I think he catches Tiger....
Very well could. And I hope he does. I've been a huge Rory fan since the start and I know people who made fun of me when I said he was going to be huge. I'm not ready to say he will break Jack's record though. 14 is a LONG way away.

Remember 2000 - 2004. TW went a tear when they said no way. Rory has that game and has shown he can show up on the weekend and get it down. Like a cat playing with a mouse. I think he catches Tiger....

I hope so.

And 14 does not break the record.

And 14 does not break the record.

Exactly. Not sure why, but 14 sounding so far away, 15 sounds exponentially harder.

That's insane. Just ridiculous.

Rory is one of my favorites to watch, guy is cool as a cucumber when things are a mess. And when he is on, its game over the rest of the field is playing for rest of the spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that 9th place finish in there. I think it's a bit premature to say that Rory is 'dominating' the Euro tour. :clown:

~Rock

I can't wait till the real serious talk comes up about him beating Jacks record.

Back