Golf Ball Review - 2015 Lady Precept

See I didn't even consider the flip side. Many women golfers just want to be known as golfers.

Great point and good questions. Should be fun to see how the testing goes. I will also be able to get Mrs. Whozat's input as she is really just getting into the game.
My wife is just getting into the game and I went and bought her a Steelers box of e6 balls. Even as a raw beginner, she is turned off by ladies golf offerings. I'll have to see what she thinks of the script on this ball.

Food for thought. Had to laugh a little at this. I know the name of the ball is Lady Precept but with just "Lady" written on it, it seems more about gender than name. I thought this would be funny if written on an E6.

Last edited:
lol KB.
And great picture comparing the two markings on the balls.

That is funny KB. I like the idea of "Dude".

Great start Rand and KB. I know you will be giving us thorough feedback in here.

It is a tough marketing spot to be in. You want to maintain the status of being the #1 selling women's ball but it will certainly turn off some guys even if they like the performance of the ball.

I played with a buddy a couple of weeks ago who had found a previous model Lady Precept, he played it for 4 holes before he lost it. He said he really liked the ball but would not play a ladies ball, after seeing Kelly's pictures with the script being larger than the standard line folks put on the ball I am sure that this ball is going to lose some of the men who might have played it.

I am heading out in a few minutes to get my initial impressions, I will probably not compare it to any other balls other than distance versus the B330-RX and the e6.

I called the course to see if they were busy and they told me they weren't and to come on out. Of course, by the time I got out there, it was crowded. I jumped on one and two and hit multiple balls but didn't have time to do much testing before deciding it was not a good time. My initial impression is that the new ball plays almost identical to the old one but I really won't know until I do a lot more testing. Here's what little I saw today.

Old Lady Precept against New Lady Precept

Hole #1 - My two best and comparable drives were 102 (new ball) and 100 (old ball) yards away from center of green

My approach shots from 100 yards each were within a couple yards of each other (the old ball went a little farther)

I hit a 4H on our #2 hole and was only 105 yards from the center of the green with the new ball which is really good. The old ball was about 120 out but I didn't hit it as well so it's hard to compare since I didn't put a good swing on it.

So far I feel like if this was a blind ball testing I would think I was playing the same ball but way too soon to tell.

I just got in from playing 18 with the Lady Precept & the 2013 e-6. My early impressions are that the e-6 sounds more "clicky" off of the driver than the Lady, which to me sounded much more muted. I found the exact opposite to be true on putts, the Lady sounded somewhat "clicky" and the e-6 much more muted. Both seemed to carry similar distances with the irons and putter but the e-6 seemed to be slightly longer off of the driver. I did not do a controlled test for this I simply hit each on most driving holes and compared the distances, on similar hits the e-6 was in front by a few yards more than the Lady but it is too early to say that the e-6 is longer for me because they were usually just that close.

Roll out on chips and pitches was pretty equal which is what I would have guessed. I did hit a few cut shots and draws with a big old hook thrown in for good measure, again the ball moves very much like the e-6, nothing excessive but it will shape.

The differences in the yellow that I mentioned yesterday is pronounced enough that I could always immediately tell which ball I was approaching as I rode up in my cart. Over all this is going to be a fun testing as I hope to compare the Lady to several different balls. Right now I would not hesitated to tee it up.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or make suggestions.

I missed a call yesterday from UPS, mine are at the border, I could expect them probably tomorrow

Is everyone supposed to be getting notifications regarding their shipment? I haven't received anything yet.

Is everyone supposed to be getting notifications regarding their shipment? I haven't received anything yet.

I suspect those of us in GA received ours quickly because we are very close to Bridgestone.

I tried a box of last year's Precept in yellow. Honestly I couldn't tell much a of a difference between it and the e6. I know the e6 is a 3pc and the Precept is a 2pc, but is the e6 worth the $6-8 higher price tag. Not sure that 3rd layer makes all that much difference when both have a surlyn cover.

I received a notice from UPS, I am a UPS My Choice subscriber so that is probably why.

I tried a box of last year's Precept in yellow. Honestly I couldn't tell much a of a difference between it and the e6. I know the e6 is a 3pc and the Precept is a 2pc, but is the e6 worth the $6-8 higher price tag. Not sure that 3rd layer makes all that much difference when both have a surlyn cover.

Check out my post at 2:25 today, I could not tell much difference in performance today between the 2, the e-6 may be slightly longer for me but it could be just the opposite for someone else.

I called the course to see if they were busy and they told me they weren't and to come on out. Of course, by the time I got out there, it was crowded. I jumped on one and two and hit multiple balls but didn't have time to do much testing before deciding it was not a good time. My initial impression is that the new ball plays almost identical to the old one but I really won't know until I do a lot more testing. Here's what little I saw today.

Old Lady Precept against New Lady Precept

Hole #1 - My two best and comparable drives were 102 (new ball) and 100 (old ball) yards away from center of green

My approach shots from 100 yards each were within a couple yards of each other (the old ball went a little farther)

I hit a 4H on our #2 hole and was only 105 yards from the center of the green with the new ball which is really good. The old ball was about 120 out but I didn't hit it as well so it's hard to compare since I didn't put a good swing on it.

So far I feel like if this was a blind ball testing I would think I was playing the same ball but way too soon to tell.

Kelly, great stuff!

Here are the color differences I referred to between Bridgestone's optic yellow balls. The e-6 is the previous edition, I only had white in the latest edition. The Lady seems to be a shade that is between the e-6 and the B330-RX to me. I hope this shows up well in the picture.

20150519_191041_zpsnyozobqb.jpg

Here are the color differences I referred to between Bridgestone's optic yellow balls. The e-6 is the previous edition, I only had white in the latest edition. The Lady seems to be a shade that is between the e-6 and the B330-RX to me. I hope this shows up well in the picture.

20150519_191041_zpsnyozobqb.jpg

Showed up perfectly DD. I kind of liked that old shade of optic yellow E6 though. Was really easy to see for me in the air

Received one of the best emails known to any golfer... UPS had delivered a package!! I knew it was the Bridgestone Lady golf balls.

Little backstory... I look for the softest golf ball that is reasonably priced and flies the straightest. I am not a high spin player, so I do not play for a big deal of backspin or anything of that sort. I have played the SuperSoft, Lady, Duo, Wilson Zip, etc.. I played last years B'Stone Lady golf balls for quite some time and then when the SuperSoft's came out, I moved on to them, simply because they weren't a ladies ball. I am 100% satisfied with the SuperSoft's, but I couldn't be more excited to try the new Lady golf balls out.

Couple of things look a little different with the packaging that I noticed at first glance. It is more of a Carolina Blue color on the packaging... I was a bit bummed because I absolutely love the royal blue color, so I was hoping the balls were still "Colts Blue". Being an avid Colts fan, I literally fist pumped when I opened the packaging and saw the markings on the ball were still Royal Blue. I think the word "Lady" looks extremely classy in the fancy script.

Again, first glance... They are beautiful! I cannot wait to test them out and get them on the course. Oh and.. What a great touch to see a personalized letter from Bridgestone. That's a touch of glass. Here are some quick pics. Will get these out on the course this weekend for sure for at least 1-2 full rounds. Hope to get 9 in tomorrow after work.

Thanks again THP and Bridgestone!

Randy & Kelly,
Great initial, as well as early on course thoughts guys.

I like the new "Lady" font myself. I don't draw a line on my ball, but I can see why the larger font is annoying to those that do.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on how they compare to your current gamers.

I am really excited to see how these golf balls feel. I started playing last years Bridgestone e6 which fit my game very well. I love how that ball came off the face and really loved the feel on the greens.

Here a few quick shot which I am sure you have already seen them. The letter included was an amazing touch to also being able to test these balls before they hit the market.

20150519_203720_zpshhzlfhy5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My wife plays the e6 but is interested in the new Lady. Looking forward to more reviews.

First off, thank you very much to THP and Bridgestone to give me the opportunity to test these balls for everyone on the Forum!

About me - I have a 110+mph driver swing, but I've never purchased balls because of that. In my possession I currently have Nike PD/soft's all the way up to Srixon XV's, and like different things about every single one. It's one of the reasons I've liked the Chrome soft so much, since it feels like a mix of all of the good attributes I look for...but that's for a different thread. I'm extremely excited to put these Lady Precepts through the test and hopefully my journey with these can help people looking for info along the way.

The packaging is very nice. Bright and catches your attention. Fits right along with the rest of Bridgestones packaging across their entire line up.

38a76798ba3ac2464f065a0938a5c53e.jpg

I actually kind of like the Lady in script and think it looks good. But I definitely get where KellyBo was coming from saying it was slightly annoying since it was bigger than her sight line she draws.

dfd02fe173f93c897d47bc47c5b3a09a.jpg

As for the ball itself, the cover is definitely a slightly different shade than previous years. It also feels slightly different to the touch...almost a little more, I guess "sticky", to the touch. It's in line with some of the other new balls and I'd compare it's covers feel to that of the Chrome Soft.

2436496356df0a3dc7d67918a510440f.jpg

First impressions of the ball is that it indeed feels softer than the previous iteration of the Lady precept, and it also feels a little more lively during chips. The last model I have in my possession almost feels a little dead when you chip with it. You can tell the last model has a softer cover on the ball than some others I have, but the core doesn't want to react. I got the same reaction from the Top Flite D2 divas we have here too. But the new 2015 Lady precept definitely had some more life off the wedge during a chip. It felt like it was reacting a little more, and just felt much more pleasant to be honest. Gets up and off the face very quickly.

As for chipping, here's a video of a slo-mo chip with the new ball for no real reason other than I wanted to finally try out the slow motion feature on my phone.

Putting wise the noise/perceived softness was right in line with the previous Lady Precept model. Slightly more muted than a chrome soft.

That's all for now. Can't wait to get these out on the course!

Last edited:

I actually like the packaging in the blue and white. The white ball looks great too! Sharp!

Back