Zen Golf Balls - Perfectly Balanced

Prove it. Prove it makes a difference and not just a neat video.

If you do, a bunch of us will buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tha ought the little spinner thing was a joke and still don't think there will be any performance improvement with a ball like this. What else do they bring to the table with this ball. Price point, cover, performance expectations?

What do you think THPers?

Pelz talks about this in his putting book I believe. Some pros suspend the balls in a mineral salt bath in order to mark the heavy spot/light spot, so that they can make sure the putt starts off with those points on the equator of the roll. Ones that have particularly heavy spots are tossed out. Never heard of these balls though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting video, but not sure how this helps. Kind of makes me think that their ball has a heavy spot in it from the manufacturing process, while the others, not so much.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Wow. And I just thought my game sucked. Now I find out that all these years I have been playing with faulty golf balls. I could of been a contender!

Sorry but this just screams Gimmick ball to me......

I was chosen in their random drawing to win "1" golf ball so was going to do a write up her on THP once I checked it out. For some reason every time I send them my address they can't verify it, or their server rejects my email. Oh well, was just one ball.

https://smashprosports.leadpages.co/golf-ball-giveaway/

Interesting video, but not sure how this helps. Kind of makes me think that their ball has a heavy spot in it from the manufacturing process, while the others, not so much.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Otlr the others just stamp the balls as the run through without doing this?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Going to go put my balls in water

giphy.gif

Last edited:

I don't see the pic Nate.

Check N Go. I fell for it

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I still have one of these, brand new in box. Bought it a long time ago and never used it. HaHa

Somehow I don't see where this would make any difference. When you start using props to describe your product it screams gimmick to me.

Prove it. Prove it makes a difference and not just a neat video.

If you do, a bunch of us will buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If a spherical object always orients itself the same way when floating in a suspension then it has a heavy or a light spot... the heavy spot obviously going to the bottom and vice versa with a light spot. If a ball is putted and the spot is located on the vertical equator (in relation to its intended line) it will roll straight. But if the spot is located on the left or right side of the ball (in relation to its intended line) then it will pull to the heavy side instead of rolling straight. So they float the ball to see if it has a heavy spot, if it does then you mark it so you never put that on the side during a putt. Put it on the top or bottom or front or back but on the up and down axis somewhere instead of on the side.

The logic is sound. I've never done it myself though. Probably should give it a try. But then what would i blame for my missed putts?

For curiosity i just made an epsom salt bath and floated a dozen chrome softs one at a time. I couldn't find any with discernible heavy spots.

For curiosity i just made an epsom salt bath and floated a dozen chrome softs one at a time. I couldn't find any with discernible heavy spots.

And that makes sense. As manufacturing as improved you're less likely to see them. You may still find some, but I'd think they would be an anomaly more than the standard. 15-20 years ago when Pelz wrote his book it was probably more frequent to find a ball with a heavy spot.

If a spherical object always orients itself the same way when floating in a suspension then it has a heavy or a light spot... the heavy spot obviously going to the bottom and vice versa with a light spot. If a ball is putted and the spot is located on the vertical equator (in relation to its intended line) it will roll straight. But if the spot is located on the left or right side of the ball (in relation to its intended line) then it will pull to the heavy side instead of rolling straight. So they float the ball to see if it has a heavy spot, if it does then you mark it so you never put that on the side during a putt. Put it on the top or bottom or front or back but on the up and down axis somewhere instead of on the side.

The logic is sound. I've never done it myself though. Probably should give it a try. But then what would i blame for my missed putts?

<sigh> I guess I deserved that ... SMH.

I don't think so.

And that makes sense. As manufacturing as improved you're less likely to see them. You may still find some, but I'd think they would be an anomaly more than the standard. 15-20 years ago when Pelz wrote his book it was probably more frequent to find a ball with a heavy spot.

This exactly. I tried it with some Z Stars a few years ago and never really had a ball that consistently returned to the same orientation. But, it's not like it hurts anything to try. It was pretty cool to experiment with. Might have to do it again with some current balls and some older used ones.

This exactly. I tried it with some Z Stars a few years ago and never really had a ball that consistently returned to the same orientation. But, it's not like it hurts anything to try. It was pretty cool to experiment with. Might have to do it again with some current balls and some older used ones.

Got a balata? Or a Vardon Flyer? I bet those have some heavy spots. ?

Got a balata? Or a Vardon Flyer? I bet those have some heavy spots. &#55358;&#56611;

You're right. I think many years ago I read an article about balata balls and their liquid center and when they wind the rubber band around the liquid center it would always deform slightly.

Hello Christopher - I just confirmed with our customer support.. Your Zen Tour IV was sent out yesterday. Our system was confusing APT# with # (or something like that..) anyway, it's headed your way. We appreciate you giving Zen a try. Mark

Hello Dan - This is incredibly well said. We are not trying to do anything miraculous here at Zen.. Just as many golfers (professional and amateur) use devices to find this heavy spot, and then mark their ball accordingly, we are merely doing this FOR the golfer. Our alignment line, when aligned toward target, provides the player the assurance that the heavy spot, is indeed on the vertical equator (and not on the left or the right). We have found this impacts putting roll more dramatically then off the tee. Our testing shows that off-the-tee proper alignment reduces sidespin consistently between 5-8% when the Zen is properly aligned. By chance can we place your explanation on our website or FB page? Again, it was well said! Would be happy to send you a sleeve for you to check out. Let me know! Mark - Zen Golf Balls

I would think the wind would be a bigger issue than "unbalanced" golf balls. For a putt of 12-15 feet how much would this impact the roll? I doubt very much. I would think green and atmospheric issues would be a bigger deal than the ball.

The single ball comes in a pouch when they send you one. I'll drop it in the mix for a compare on Tuesday.

41b8c00b5317b33096474b919661982d.jpg

Back