Lamkin FLAT CAT® SOLUTION™ Putter Grips

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/flat-cat-solution-putter-grips.html
Introducing the new FLAT CAT Solution by Lamkin, golf's first answer for the dreaded 'yips'. Featuring a patented stainless steel weighted cone optimally positioned directly below the hands and the exclusive FLAT1 grip shape, the new FLAT CAT Solution will instantly create a smoother, more consistent and more confident putting stroke.
HIGHLIGHTS
  • New weighted grip technology provides golf's first answer for the "yips"
  • Creates a smoother, more consistent, pendulum-like stroke
  • Places the face of the putter in the palm of your hand
  • Allows your putter to feel heavier and more stable without sacrificing feel
  • FLAT 1™ design squares the face of the putter to the intented target line
  • Easy-Glide™ cone for effortless club removal from bag
  • Improves putting accuracy, available in three custom sizes

flat-cat-solution-stdalt1.png

So I'm confused, Lamkin bought FlatCat?

Almost bought this grip the other day bc I like to concept of weight below the hands. Didn't pull the trigger but if someone does I'd love to hear a review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a commercial for this yesterday and was really confused as well.

The idea makes sense to me.

49.99? I'll pass

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The "nominal weight" of 170+ grams does not seem so nominal to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So either Lamkin bought flat cat or this is a partnership kind of like the I-Lines? Not really for me, I have played around with the Palmbird grip and it isn't my favorite.

Looks a lot better than the first flat cat. I think Lamkin bought Flat Cat.

Interested but wary of the weight!!

Wasn't Justin Rose using this at the Masters?

Looks a lot better than the first flat cat. I think Lamkin bought Flat Cat.

Lamkin doesn't have the money to buy anyone. My guess is Lamkin is distributing the grips now to get wider access.

Wasn't Justin Rose using this at the Masters?

Yes he was, based on the color scheme I'd say it was one of the original Flat Cat models and he installs it sideways.
C9EHHn6UQAAj6rZ.jpg

Is there any golf stuff out there Haney is not selling?

So I'm confused, Lamkin bought FlatCat?

Interesting partner ship between Lamkin and Flat Cat, I wonder what it means for the future of flat cat.

I like the idea of this a lot, but $50 dollars for a putter grip is INSANE.

I know at face value $50 seems a bit high, but SS with counter core are $35, it's not that far off.

Weight and specs:
[h=3]FLAT CAT SOLUTION PUTTER GRIPS[/h]
DescriptionPart NumberCore SizeNominal Weight
FLAT CAT Solution Standard1014770.580172
FLAT CAT Solution Fat1014780.580197

I know at face value $50 seems a bit high, but SS with counter core are $35, it's not that far off.

I was thinking that, but it still seems a little crazy. In my mind, that $35 dollar price point makes a whole lot more sense.

With that weight at the end of the grip, it feels quite heavy in the hands by itself, I'll be curious to see how it feels once installed. And the standard size on the solution feels a bit wider/bigger than the original flat cat standard.

My putter is 35" now, I'm thinking of going at least 36" when I put this thing on, it's so long and to give the putter a bit of a CB feel. It's going on a cure so all weighted up it's going to be one overall heavy putter!

Lamkin FLAT CAT® SOLUTION™ Putter Grips

30% price difference is a pretty wide gap in my book. Way too many options at half the price, for me at least.

When you can get a premium putter for $99, paying half that for a grip seems insane. YMMV.

With that weight at the end of the grip, it feels quite heavy in the hands by itself, I'll be curious to see how it feels once installed. And the standard size on the solution feels a bit wider/bigger than the original flat cat standard.

My putter is 35" now, I'm thinking of going at least 36" when I put this thing on, it's so long and to give the putter a bit of a CB feel. It's going on a cure so all weighted up it's going to be one overall heavy putter!
I'll be following this thread to see how distance control is. The extra weight in my SS counter core has helped stabilize my hands, but it took awhile to dial in distance control.

Back