Toney Penna Golf is Back

Callaway pm grind was $129 when I bought mine a month ago.

Yeah that one is over a year old however.

Vokey is $149
MD Forged is $149
RTX-3 might come in at $129 right now.

I've never heard of the brand, but I'm new to golf. I like the looks of the putter specifically, but it all appeals to me.

Nice looking putter. Since I prefer a heavier feel in my wedges, I'm interested in the idea of the 10g of Tungsten being used in the wedge's sole.

Hopefully the wedges and putter arrive at THP HQ for evaluation.

Seems a tough place to start with the wedges a that price point. Putter is well priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah that one is over a year old however.

Vokey is $149
MD Forged is $149
RTX-3 might come in at $129 right now.

RTX-3s are $129. Don't know if they were higher when first launched, but that's the price I've seen for about 6 months.

Vokeys are still $149.

MD3s are $129, with the clover edition coming in at $139. Mack Daddy Forged are $149

PING Glide 2.0 (a fabulous wedge) is $139

Mizuno S5s are $129. T7s are $149

TM Milled Grind are $149

The new Cobra PUR wedges look to be coming in at $119.

Not sure why anyone would take a chance on a Tony Penna when its priced at the very top of the market.

RTX-3s are $129. Don't know if they were higher when first launched, but that's the price I've seen for about 6 months.

Vokeys are still $149.

MD3s are $129, with the clover edition coming in at $139. Mack Daddy Forged are $149

PING Glide 2.0 (a fabulous wedge) is $139

Mizuno S5s are $129. T7s are $149

TM Milled Grind are $149

The new Cobra PUR wedges look to be coming in at $119.

Not sure why anyone would take a chance on a Tony Penna when its priced at the very top of the market.

I guess the same reason they take a stab at any of the others. They like the look, feel and/or performance. Maybe its because of the name of yesteryear if that makes sense. Similar to the Ben Hogan line, which had some chances if they owned the name. The Penna line was VERY popular for a long period of time.

I don't know if they will be successful, but I am all for more choices.

The products look pretty nice, the milled putter is sharp and the wedges look clean.

It's nice to see another name from the past come back but I fear it will result in a similar demise as Hogan unless they stay true to their heritage. Not a lot of folks even know the brand

the "tp" on the 2nd picture of the putter just reminds me of scotty cameron.

As someone who has also been around long enough to recognize the brand name. I find it interesting to see the TP brand return.

I have just been informed that they will be priced at MAP of $119 for the wedges.

I have just been informed that they will be priced at MAP of $119 for the wedges.

That I would say gives them a much better chance at adoption. I don't know why $30 makes a difference but it would seem it does to me.

That I would say gives them a much better chance at adoption. I don't know why $30 makes a difference but it would seem it does to me.

I agree. Wonder how they will try to get these into the hands of more golfers.

Particularly like the look of the putter

They look nice, but there's not much to them either and in wedges, I like the less is more look in a lot of cases.

Price point it ok, though I bet they'd sell more at the $99 price point. Then again, for those who remember the name/company it might be worth taking a chance on them.

They look nice, but there's not much to them either and in wedges, I like the less is more look in a lot of cases.

Price point it ok, though I bet they'd sell more at the $99 price point. Then again, for those who remember the name/company it might be worth taking a chance on them.

I would actually say there is a bit to them, with the Tungsten sole. I know most (not directing at you) skimmed through the words part, but that is a feature that a lot of people really like in their wedges.

I would actually say there is a bit to them, with the Tungsten sole. I know most (not directing at you) skimmed through the words part, but that is a feature that a lot of people really like in their wedges.
By not much to them, I was talking about the design aspect and look. I like that it's not overly "busy".

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That seems like a much smarter play for a company trying to break (back) into the market.

Can't wait to see if they come out with a classic set of irons

Back