TTime

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I got fit for new clubs about a month and a half ago, including the Titleist 913 D3. I've had many range sessions/rounds with it, and I'm not saying it isn't my swing, but I'm not hitting it well... Unless my swing is really on that day, it's pretty hard for me to get it in the air and I rarely take it out. I'm debating a few options: Keep it awhile longer and see if I can figure it out, purchase a D2 head, get fit for something else, or purchase the Cleveland Classic XL Custom(really like my 3 wood). What would you guys do?

Take lessons first. Second, get something shiny and new

I found the Classic XL more forgiving than the 913, by a pretty good margin too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did have a couple lessons shortly after I got the driver, trying to give it time but still not sure about it. I might see if I can find the Cleveland at golfsmith to give it a try. And honestly another fitting isn't out of the question. I did see my fitter a couple weeks after I got it, and he said if its not working out we could "figure something out". Being indecisive about this...

IMO, if you're having problems even getting it in the air, I'd say figure out your swing first and keep it a little longer.

Thanks for the advice. I think what I'll do is keep playing it for a little while and try to get another lesson in. Will update this thread in a few weeks.

Well it didn't take long for the update… So I put my G10 back in the bag for a round and range session the other day. It was silly how much easier/longer I was hitting it than the 913 D3. Ended up buying a G25 head from a member on here and I plan on putting in the same shaft that's in my G10(+ lead tape).

I couldn't hit the 913 either. I needed more forgiveness.

Back