What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 45/41 yesterday, not a pretty round but good recovery golf and good putting. I struggled off the tee all day after the first hole.

53/48 for a 101. I butchered the front 9 and felt worse than a 53.

SHANK, SHANK - 40 YEARS OF BATTLING THE SHANKS!!!
Its been a while, and the day began so nicely. I was thinking to myself how great the ball was coming off my irons, long, straight, with no effort. After a 41 on the front, and par, par, bogey on 10, 11, and 12 it fell apart for two holes. I couldn't hit an iron straight, and EVERY iron went off the hosel. I got it under control for the last few holes, but for the next couple of weeks (or months) that thought will be in my mind every time I swing an iron! I think that may be the worst part of the shanks - the after affect! Other than that, it was a great day, some nice cigars and BS'ing with buddies.

Finally got out yesterday afternoon. Had to finish the last two holes in the dark. 47/44. Had a good day with the driver and had five putts that lipped out that could have been pars.

I went 80 and then 42 yesterday. On the full 18 I lipped out 4 birdie putts, but man it was a day where I really played better than my score. Hit the ball super well off the tee, just had some issues in the 80-100 range.

So. Close.

Good news is I'm trending back to 8.0 now. LMAO!

Maybe fatigue is having a negative effect on my game. I hit seven fairways on front, two on back, walking 18 in the heat. 85 (40, 45)

Shot 46 + 45 = 91 with 42 putts.

44/41 for 85. Will ESC to an 83. Got out of the office a little early and hit the course. Iron game continues to struggle and had one shank again with a PW from 105 yards out! Tee game wasn't great today, was trying teeing the ball a little farther forward in my stance to see if I can hit more center of the clubface. Didn't work out as well as I thought it might. Though I did hit two really solid that way. Why does our ego want to keep changing things even when they are good? I hit every fairway Sunday and that seems like a perfect time to change something!:alien:

7 FWY, 8 GIR, 32 putts (no 3-putts), 1 Penalty stroke and 1 O.B.
10 pars, 5 bogies, 1 double, 2 triples

96 today. Putting was a joke. There was no grass on the front, and I smashed every putt 6 feet passed. Then the back they were fluffy and I couldn't get the ball to the hole. I FOUR PUTTED two of the first three greens. YUCK.

87 I was pretty happy with most of my game, with the exception of driving. Nothing but pulls and slices. Sure cost me a lot of strokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 - UGH! I topped two drives. I hit my second shot on one of them OB. I was having bad tree karma. I hit a 235 yd drive down the right hand side of the FW, and left myself a 45 yd LW onto the green which I skulled over the green and onto the cart path and ended up with a 6.

Tied my PB, quite happy with the results. Trying to keep my rhythm in check the past 3 rounds has been a nice swing thought, and it's paying off nicely with every club in the bag including putter.

Tied my PB, quite happy with the results. Trying to keep my rhythm in check the past 3 rounds has been a nice swing thought, and it's paying off nicely with every club in the bag including putter.

83? Congrats wee man!

Shot 44-43 for 87. I got my first eagle since I started back playing on the par 5 8th, and then promptly took a 7 on 9! I hit my irons the best I have hit them this year but my putter let me down, but overall I was pleased.

Congrats! 63?

70?

JM

Negative. Tidy 69. 63 would be awesome, and I appreciate the confidence in my friend Jeff Spicoli.

Damn, well done buddy! I can't even fathom shooting under par.

I knew it was somewhere in there close. Gong rats Wardy!

JM

Preciate it friend. Hit it really well, gave myself a lot of birdie looks and when I stumbled around, putter bailed me out huge.

More important, was that I got to give a good friend some Legacy practice and that's more fun than just shooting a good score.

Congrats Wardy!!! Hell of a round

41-40. 81 the first time I out two 9's together this year. Just so happened to be while playing with a THP'er.

Some of us were playing match play against him straight up. I remember on the 2nd hole I made a great up and down for par and was feeling pretty good about myself. Wardy rolled in a birdie. That happened more than once. He honestly could have gone 2 strokes lower today. Everything was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back