SwitchGrips - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review, something that garnered a slight bit of discussion here on THP when we first caught wind of them, interchangeable putter grips from a company called SwitchGrips. The key here is that you can change grips without any hassle as well as having counter-weighting technology built into the design to give a lot of options to the user for finding a balance that works.

For this review THP was sent two colors from the "Player" line which are available in 6 colors and feature a tacky non-slip rubber material, they are only available in one size right now "small" (about the size of a SS 2.0) but more are expected to be available in the near future, and they are priced at $29.99 for the grip only and $39.99 for the full kit (it should be noted, THP was sent the weight wrench for review as well, but it is a separate purchase through SwitchGrips). Additionally, there are Leather ($59.99/$69.99), Gator ($199.00), Crocodile ($190.00/$200.00), Ostrich ($175.00), Stingray ($190.00/$200.00), and Snake ($89.99) options for those who like something exotic. Weight options for the butt end adjustability include 2g, 8g, 14g, and 20g.

Information from SwitchGrips:

Do you want better, more accurate putts? Would you like to be able to switch out your putter grip whenever you feel like it, without assistance? Would you like to add counterbalance weights and change your grips’ size, weight and color on the fly? SwitchGrips gives you the solutions that you need with style and high quality craftsmanship.

SwitchGrips is superior to other putter grips thanks to:
  • SwitchGrips innovative interchangeable technology allows the player the ability to change the putter grip, without assistance, whenever and wherever with complete simplicity.
  • SwitchGrips is the only interchangeable putter grip to offer multiple sizes for natural, fluid and more consistent putts.
  • SwitchGrips ergonomic awareness is proven with the unique three sided design allowing for multiple hand positions maximizing the grip’s surface area.
  • SwitchGrips acknowledges that putter grips are not “one size fits all”. The counterbalance technology grants complete control to the golfer by repositioning the weight into the golfer’s hand, thereby enhancing player performance, leading to a consistent stroke every time.
  • SwitchGrips does more than just increase Player accuracy. This one-of-a-kind putter grip system provides personal expression highlighted in its three lines:
  • Player Line – offers the choice of color and size. This grip has clean lines with a tacky yet durable non-slip quality.
  • Leather Line – the highly sought after leathers are long-lasting. Now reintroduced with the new SwitchGrips technology these grips provide an old fashion feel with the highest performance possible. 10 colors are available to choose from.
  • Exotic Line – offers the look and feel of pure luxury with the peace of mind of its interchangeable capabilities, this is a grip that will never need to be cut off of the putter. Players can choose from authentic ostrich, alligator/crocodile, stingray and snake.
  • SwitchGrips takes pride in our American roots. Each grip is handcrafted in America and will fit on any conventionally shafted putter.

In Hand Images:

20150519_091345-L.jpg

20150519_091519-L.jpg

20150519_123457-L.jpg

20150519_091558-L.jpg

20150519_091553-L.jpg

20150519_122929-L.jpg

20150519_122954-L.jpg

20150519_123006-L.jpg

20150519_122835-L.jpg

20150519_122851-L.jpg

20150519_123122-L.jpg

20150519_123225-L.jpg

20150519_123248-L.jpg

20150519_123350-L.jpg

• Staff
I'll also have some installed pics up soon enough, hopefully this evening for everyone.

In the meantime, here is a comparison to the SS 1.0, remember, these are the "small" SwitchGrips

20150519_123429-L.jpg

20150519_123442-L.jpg

looking for your thoughts. My mind is already made on this product, but perhaps you can persuade me in a different direction.

Interesting idea for sure. Be interested to hear how well the interchanging works in practice.

Shape is the same as the Garsen Ultimate. I wasn't a big fan of that one.

Neat idea. Not convinced I'd be interested personally, but it's definitely cool.

• Staff
looking for your thoughts. My mind is already made on this product, but perhaps you can persuade me in a different direction.

To me, the backweighting is cool, its a nice way that they did it, but for the overall premise...I'll admit I don't really "get it", since we are talking about putter grips and there is currently only one sieze available. With a LOT of sizes, shapes, AND materials...then I could see it all better.

Good looking grips and I like the shape to them. I also like the ability to switch out CB weights.

I'll admit that I use a compressor to remove/install grips at will but this is definitely an easier method if it's reasonably cost effective.

I just have to wonder if the demand will support the company.

I get that you can try out different grips with this, but I would imagine a lot of golfer's will stick with 1 grip once they find the one they like. I don' t know, I'm guessing they are going after the "customization" market where people can change out different colors depending on what they are wearing each day.

I personally just don't really see the point, but then again, I never really worry about coordinating colors when it comes to my clubs.

I'm in the same boat dean!

I remember talking about these awhile back and thinking they would be kinda whacky. I dont think they look all that bad but ill be curious to hear how you like them while in the course. Its an interesting concept

I remember talking about these awhile back and thinking they would be kinda whacky. I dont think they look all that bad but ill be curious to hear how you like them while in the course. Its an interesting concept
I'm honestly shocked it took someone so long to really try this.

That said, I'm still just not sure of the mass appeal here, but they will still be put through their paces. Going to install onto one of my heavier headed putters so as to tinker with the weights adequately as well.

I'm honestly shocked it took someone so long to really try this.

That said, I'm still just not sure of the mass appeal here, but they will still be put through their paces. Going to install onto one of my heavier headed putters so as to tinker with the weights adequately as well.
Yeah its definitely kinda wild. I guess in this age of adjustability maybe it translates to our putter grips hahaha guess time will tell and im definitely looking forward to your thoughts.

Is the top part of the grip plastic or rubber?

I like to tinker with different grips as much as the next THPer but the price on these just kind of pushed me away. 30-200 for a grip, little to much for my wallet. But I am really interested to hear your thoughts.

I personally do not like the look of the grips themselves. But maybe they will prove me wrong. Looking forward to the review on this.

Back