What's your pitching/chipping technique?

What's your pitching/chipping technique?

• Total voters
I have become a pretty darn good chipper since I went to the "Hinge and hold" technique that Philly Mick preaches.
But...I still don't seem to spin the ball that much.

I think the vote is missing choices because chipping is different from pitching (at least for me and how I am taught)
No wrists for chips, ball back, and forward lean with open stance.
For fairly close pitching , open stance with ball middle, forward lean, but the swing (or partial swing) is just that...a partial swing including some wrist action.
From that point, the further back (longer) the pitches, the more and more it begins to resemble the normal swing until of course at full swing distance.

Used method i read in james seickmann book, has worked so far, now if I could only make a higher percentage of 5-6 foot putts.

I have become a pretty darn good chipper since I went to the "Hinge and hold" technique that Philly Mick preaches.
But...I still don't seem to spin the ball that much.

I think this is kind of what I meant when I used the term forward press. Although I may also forward press.

Side note: I think I call him Philly Mick too! Is that common practice or do we think alike?

Hinge and hold on chipping and I use a 55 degree wedge for most chips. I don't use that "rule of 12" or other crap. If the hole is on the other side of a fairly large green and it's uphill, I'll take out my 64 and lob it. Yes, I carry 5 wedges.

less movement usually equals more success for me. I have a lot of wrist action normally so its tough

Back