2017 RBC Heritage

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this one, but figured I would start it up.

Luke Donald putting up a solid first round in what seems like forever.

Crazy he used to be the #1 player in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since around this time last year?

Donald absolutely owns this course for someone who hasn't actually won there yet.

Course played ridiculously easy today. Perfect conditions and absolutely no wind. A lot of guys went low. Very tough spot on the calendar being right after the Masters and none of the biggest names are there.

Crazy he used to be the #1 player in the world.

Hasn't won in 5 years. Tried to change his game when it was obviously already good enough. Sometimes see that after major wins (Cink and Harrington come mind). Would like to see him get a win.

• Admin
Since around this time last year?

Donald absolutely owns this course for someone who hasn't actually won there yet.

Sure does. Distance I am sure plays the biggest role there.

Course looks different after the storm damage was repaired heard they lost a lot of Rees and didn't replace all of them.

I'm very partial to this tournament being a South Carolinian. It's continuously voted one of the top 2-3 courses and tournaments by the players. Hate that it's scheduled right after Augusta. That really hurts the field.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm happy I picked Luke for this one. Also, love Hilton head golf. One of my wife and i's favorite vacation spots.

I'm not doing so great in fantasy, but hoping to get to watch some tomorrow.

Heading to HH now to catch tomorrow's round. I have an Arby's hat to follow Beef for a few holes. Fan of that dude.

Heading to HH now to catch tomorrow's round. I have an Arby's hat to follow Beef for a few holes. Fan of that dude.

Have fun buddy!

I'm very partial to this tournament being a South Carolinian. It's continuously voted one of the top 2-3 courses and tournaments by the players. Hate that it's scheduled right after Augusta. That really hurts the field.

I want to play Harbor Town. I've been in the light house. Mentioned something to my wife about not going back to Hilton Head without my golf clubs. By the way, nice run in the NCAA tournament!

Hoping to play this one in 3 weeks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I want to play Harbor Town. I've been in the light house. Mentioned something to my wife about not going back to Hilton Head without my golf clubs. By the way, nice run in the NCAA tournament!
Thank you, it was fun. I would love to play it as well. It looks better than ever right now. A lot of great courses down there.

4b4ae8b4d525a78cd773844781f279fb.jpg

Harbour Town was right for the pickings today. Wind was about 5 at the most and always perfect greens. Fun day

4b4ae8b4d525a78cd773844781f279fb.jpg

Harbour Town was right for the pickings today. Wind was about 5 at the most and always perfect greens. Fun day

Would you agree that the course is in better shape than ever? It looks near perfect.

Yes. It's had time to grow in after the complete grass overhaul 2 years ago. Best I have seen it in 20 years.

I tossed 7 guys in my lineup Sunday night to make sure I had something in case I forgot, then proceeded to forget. I hope those 7 do some damage and bail me out.

I followed him around a month ago here in PR. Guy is crazy nice w/ fans. If you have a chance, please take a look at how a guy in his group is playing, Rafa Campos.

Him & Beef both played the 1st round at -3.

Campos has zero status still, and is getting into events thanks to qualifying for the PR Open, getting a top 10 there thus earning an invite to the Shell Houston Open, and getting a top 10 there. Those are the 2 only events he's played anywhere in 2017. The minute the magic ends and he doesn't get a top 10, he'll start his season in PGA Tour Latinoamerica. Thanks to those high finishes he's already at a career best earnings.

RANK THIS WEEKRANK LAST WEEKPLAYER NAMEEVENTSMONEYTOTAL
11Thomas Pieters7$1,100,000$1,605,000
22Tyrrell Hatton6$614,800$954,274
33Henrik Norlander5$498,914$498,914
44Martin Kaymer6$490,930$732,237
55Rafael Campos2$298,786$298,786
610Matthew Fitzpatrick6$244,381$546,480
76Tommy Fleetwood4$226,200$1,334,700
87Scott Hend3$225,750$321,125
98Rob Oppenheim4$224,190$224,190
109Aaron Wise6$209,488$209,488

I tossed 7 guys in my lineup Sunday night to make sure I had something in case I forgot, then proceeded to forget. I hope those 7 do some damage and bail me out.

Thats my strategy most weeks

He is a super nice and really funny guy. Talked to the wife and I during the rain delay Friday morning at last years PGA. A guy who is having fun out there, would love
to see him win.

Perez and Knox putting in work for the squad today

I have 8 of 9 left playing the weekend, including 3 currently in the top 10.

Back