Give me your egg knowledge THP

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I have tried like 10 different ways to boil eggs but they are NEVER easy to peel and I waste a lot of the egg white.

Share your secrets to easy peeling boiled eggs!

Thanks

Lots of UTube videos covering this...simply, after boiling immediately place them in a bowl of ice water then put them in the fridge for about an hour and then they'll peal much easier. You can also put them in a Tupperware bowl with a water and shake them, the shells will practically fall off then....

Tera picked this up at Bed Bath & Beyond
d7847d482b74c97c7e5872c60785c018.jpg

Here is the technique I use to make perfect hard boiled eggs.

Put the eggs and water into a pot and bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils, turn the heat off and cover and wait 13 minutes. Immediately place them into a cold water bath and you will have perfect eggs every single time. Crack on both ends and peel.

Throw them in ice water immediately after pulling from the stove. Give it about 10 min or so, then peel. Should be good to go

Put the eggs and water into a pot and bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils, turn the heat off and cover and wait 13 minutes. Immediately place them into a cold water bath and you will have perfect eggs every single time. Crack on both ends and peel.

This is how it is done.

Good answers, how about for soft boiled? I always make a few extra because I usually screw up at least 1.

I do this. I start with water cold from the tap (for Fupy, it's water from the other side of the faucet, hahaha). Make sure the water covers the eggs by an inch. This method makes it where you don't have to be so exact on the time. 13 to 16 minutes work about the same. I usually run cold water over the eggs in the pan (or put in water with ice) for about ten minutes.

Older eggs tend to peel better. Let your eggs get to room temperature before cooking.

Last edited:
Good answers, how about for soft boiled? I always make a few extra because I usually screw up at least 1.
Soft boiled is about four to six minutes. But don't cool after, of course.

Just make sure they are thoroughly cooled before you peel them.

Gotcha on that, I'm meant the peeling without losing the egg.

I've never peeled them. I just hit halfway up with a knife so I can open it up, and then scoop the soft boiled egg out with a spoon out of each half.

I've never peeled them. I just hit halfway up with a knife so I can open it up, and then scoop the soft boiled egg out with a spoon out of each half.

Thanks - I'll try that way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am totally skimming, but I just asked some friends who are doing Easter eggs right now and they both said you wait until the water starts to boil and then you drop the eggs in for 12 minutes, then remove them and put them in an ice bath. They say it works every time.

I use my electric pressure cooker. On low pressure for 6 minutes, then directly in an ice bath. Something about the pressure separates the shell from the membrane. I just started using this method and it's amazing how easy the eggs peel.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

I use muffin pans and pit them in the oven at 325-350 for 30 minutes. Then submerge them in ice water for 1 minutes. Easy peasy.

I place them immediately into ice water as well after boiling. No issues.

Thanks all. I definitely have a few things to try.

Tried a few things I found online that didn't work which is why I asked.

I tried the boiling and directly into an ice bath and that worked last night with the 1 egg I peeled immediately.

Thanks.

Back