Is your miss a low right push or slice? Do you play the right side of the course?
High push fade. Nothing I am doing starts left of the line. But irons and wedges only occasionally turn over. Driver is actually awfully straight the last two weeks

Not currently. My instructor took a new job in Minnesota. My home course hasn't hired a new guy yet, I don't think so at least.

Must not have gotten the email. Some new guy named Tom Olson. Something other than trackman/flightscope for equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High push fade. Nothing I am doing starts left of the line. But irons and wedges only occasionally turn over. Driver is actually awfully straight the last two weeks
Maybe it's time to aim a little left and embrace the fade

That's true, but they're have been some really unique swings over the years that still allowed for highest level golf because they got to good impact , despite idiosyncrasies. imo
Ok.....

Maybe it's time to aim a little left and embrace the fade
I'm going you run with for a little while. I like that I've only been missing to the right.

Not contradicting, just looking at it from a different perspective I guess.
Like I said, ok. Didn't want to ignore your quote
I'm going you run with for a little while. I like that I've only been missing to the right.
Playing from one side is always better than two.

Only missing it right off the tee is a beautiful thing and I hope to get mine to that point in the next few weeks. My best golf is when my driver miss is high right.

"You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen."

Lee Trevino

Only missing it right off the tee is a beautiful thing and I hope to get mine to that point in the next few weeks. My best golf is when my driver miss is high right.

"You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen."

Lee Trevino
That actually has a lot of validity to it. I had a few seasons where a majority of my drives were weak push fades. It looked kinda ugly, but I was always in play and shot some good golf those years. If you notice , most places have all the trouble on the left. But for me weak right was a flaw but i was always in play

v2015 was a struggle tonight. too much fading. No idea really how far right my irons would go. But then short game let me down, skulled a flop over a green into a pond. But hey, I'm alive.

Went to the range quick for lunch and worked on v2015.

I noticed that my ball flights were a bit...wonky...took some video. I was getting very long and over swinging (swing 1; 1.1). I tried to shorten and just get tighter and my ball flights started to come down (video 2; 2.1). I kept at it and everything started to feel better (swing 3; 3.1)

Also, that's the back of my right knee in the circle. I am not sure how I can even walk.

Blu, what are you using to take video/hold up your phone on the range?

Blu, what are you using to take video/hold up your phone on the range?

The force....

Actually, I just move on of the bag stands and use a bubble level app to level it out.

The force....

Actually, I just move on of the bag stands and use a bubble level app to level it out.
Wise Blugold is wise.

Do you have any ligaments surrounding your right knee haha?

Do you have any ligaments surrounding your right knee haha?

To be honest, I have no idea. I am still ambulatory, barely. I can still lift weights and squat and stuff. But that trick knee is odd.

I had a lesson today. The goal was to correct the launch angle with my 1wood.

First step, square right foot.
Second step, flare front foot 15° open
Third step, get hands over front thigh. Straight line from shoulder down to club head
Fourth step, think "head behind hands at impact".

My instructor had a Foresight GC2 with the HMT module. My launch angle went from 9° with a -1` AOA, to 14° launch with a 3° AOA.

I was a successful lesson.

Third step, get hands over front thigh. Straight line from shoulder down to club head

My instructor had a Foresight GC2 with the HMT module. My launch angle went from 9° with a -1` AOA, to 14° launch with a 3° AOA.

I heard all this some place before. Thank god he repeated it to you

How much more carry were you seeing from the change in AOA and launch?

How much more carry were you seeing from the change in AOA and launch?
12ish yards. There are some issues still with squaring the club face. My spin is still up a little. My instructor believes that at my swing speed, once I get more comfortable with the set up, my launch will go up enough to make delofting my driver necessary. Which will help with spin.

Other than your disgusting knee, your numbers look so much like mine.

Looks like 108 with 14* lunch is the ticket for you. This was old standard for launch, keep it up

Back