Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Hate to hear GG won't be there. Thank you to Canadan for stepping up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ready for this. Ready for you guys to reap the rewards of months and months of hard work.

Practice just feels different. I'm much more critical of each shot I take.

Sorry Morgan is going to miss it. but it's for a great reason.

I know my Invitational partner Dan will be a great addition.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 week from today, the nerves are going to be hitting 16 guys like a ton of bricks. It's easy to say that the nerves won't get to you and you are never nervous, well let me tell you this. Nothing prepares your for this. My hands were shaking like crazy, "just get the ball in the air and straight" was all I was worried about. Hole #2, on the green, my hands were still shaking. As I lined up for my putt, my shaking hands tapped the ball a few feet. Thank you to the sportsmanship and straight up awesomeness of Wicked Cool Bearded Man, he saw what was going on and as an opponent, picked up the ball put it back and told me to make the putt. From that point forward the nerves settled down a bit but make no mistake they were there all weekend. I say this not to scare anyone because the nerves comes from alot of places. "I don't want to let me team down." "I worked my ass off and now the moment is here." "Don't make yourself look stupid." All of those thoughts will be there. Best advice I can give you all, is to just do your best to not get too high or too low. Rely on your teammates and captain to settle you down when you need it. And most of all GO OUT AND HAVE FUN. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't waste it. Golf is a game. Treat it as such. We all want to win but 5 years from now when you look back, you won't think about the bad shots you hit (they will happen), you will think about the good ones and most of all you will think about the memories with your teammates and with everyone involved.

Great stuff Ricky!!

Smart man Ricky and great post! No matter how many times I play in these types of events the butterflies are always in the stomach for the first few holes. And I love it - if it didn't mean so much to me then I wouldn't feel that way.

You gents are in for one hell of a weekend. Fantastic company, seriously competitive competition, new clubs, and amazing golf courses.

Just remember the "who and why" you're there....none of it exists without 2 fantastic individuals in Josh and Morgan making the average hackers dreams come true.

I wish all of you the best of luck. Play to your best ability and ENJOY each and every moment - it flies by WAY too quickly.

I played my last round before Myrtle Beach today. It was a relaxing shamble, and I am feeling pretty good about everything. I am proud of my Legacy and the amount of work I have put in.

Played my last round pre-Legacy today with my good buddy skibum.
My game was today was great, average, and wtf all in one so basically its situation normal.

I was happy with most of my game today and the putter stood fast.

My game was today was great, average, and wtf all in one so basically its situation normal.

Curtis, I'm confident your game is going to be solid in MB. Glad you're on our team!

You're good to go man. Just goes to show you can have bad breaks and still shoot well...unlike me haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sounds like lots of Legacy prep wrapping up. You guys are all to be commended for your work and dedication.

Also thanks to each of you for opening yourself's up to us. Sharing your success and not so successful moments along the way. I've never been through a grand event or all the work thst comes with it. So I can't imagine how tough it has been.

Hopefully it's something you will look back on with pride in what you have accomplished.

Hopefully next week you will all do as some of the vets have said....take time to stop and enjoy the moments whether it's an on course moment, sharing beverages in the team villas with fellow THP'ers or sitting somewhere quietly and noticing one of the other participants look of joy on their face as he experiences creating his Legacy.

Cant wait to follow along with everyone.

Last edited:
Sounds lie lots of Legacy prep wrapping up. You guys are all to be commended for your work and dedication.

Also thanks to each of you opening yourselfs up to us. Sharing your success and nor not so successful moments along the way. I've never been through a grand event or all the work thst comes with it. So I can't imagine how tough it has been.

Hopefully it's something you will look back on with pride in what you have accomplished.

Hopefully next week you will all do as some of the vets have said....take time to stop and enjoy the moments where're it's an on course moment, sharing beverages in the team villas with fellow THP'ers or sitting somewhere quietly and noticing one of the other participants look of joy on their face as they experience making his Legacy.

Cant wait to follow along with everyone.

a couple thoughts...

For or those that have or are starting a family, you're never quite ready to start having children, but yet one day it happens and you work your any through it. Are we truly ready? Many of us in sure have areas that we'd like a bit more time to wok on. But it's not there now, and we'll all get through it the best we know how to. And quite like we'll be fine.

The other thought is a bit more personal, but I'm fully prepared to ride this emotional roller coaster. I know nothing about what this ride will look like, and I don't even care. Cause it's a ride that I've been waiting for since long before the selection process started. Seeing all my THP brothers, sharing this ride with them, and getting an opportunity to share all of this with so many both on site and following along is an honor. It was one man whose vision allowed this to happen and I'm just a lucky SOB who gets to live it.

Snuck out to play a round this afternoon at one of the better courses in the area. Ended up shooting an 80 on the 6600 yard par 71. Outside of a couple shots, I wouldn't even say I was playing that well. But all the legacy prep is paying off in limiting the damage with short game and the like. Also missing in better places off the tee and into greens.

Truly cannot wait for what's ahead this week. It's gonna be epic.

I have one last local round early tomorrow morning. Just a regular round, hoping to win a skin or two and a greeny if I'm lucky. Really, it's more about getting out there and putting some good swings on the ball.

Other than that, just spending time with my daughter, as I'll be missing a few days where she would normally be with me. Going to soak - up home time for the next couple of days before I start tying to soak - in all of the experiences in MB. Somehow, I want to be able to try and explain this to her when I get back. Hope I have the words.

Couldn't help myself so I'm watching 2013 MC Sunday Singles once again.

Are we freaking there yet?!

Couldn't help myself so I'm watching 2013 MC Sunday Singles once again.

Are we freaking there yet?!
Those were the days...best iron striking weekend of my life

I've watched all 3 rounds now more times than I can remember. And it doesn't even do justice to the emotions out there or the beauty and challenges of those 2 courses.

Just a few more days my friends!!

I was really surprised how, even after watching the video of the course, how blown away I was by them. Those two courses are going to make such a great venue for Legacy.

Have fun with the last few days of prep, everyone!

It's officially #THPLegacy week! By now all the hard work, swing adjustments, practice sessions, mental preparation & physical conditioning is behind you. Ricky said it best, your game is what it is right now & there's nothing you can do to change that. Now it's time to soak it in and enjoy the ride.

Now is the time to find your zone & go there. Find a way to stay loose and relax. Find a way to have fun and enjoy this grand event because as much as it's about the competition, it's also about the brotherhood and experiences you'll have not only with your teammates, but with your competitors also. These two courses are great and will test you at every turn, but don't let the grind get to you to the point you don't have fun or enjoy the experience.

Remember who made this possible and represent not only this great community in the best possible light at every turn, but your sponsors who truly have made some great gestures for both teams. THP is truly family to me and I have a sneaky suspicion after this event, if it wasn't evident to some of you, it will be. As a teammate or a competitor, if you see someone grinding too hard or on the verge of being lost in the completion, please pull them back in. A simple arm around the shoulder and a comment that we are here to have fun and relax will go a long way.

Have fun and both teams will have my full support. You can bet I will be following along with excitement/anticipation.

Last round pre-legacy this morning... Hoping to leave today with some more positive momentum!

Today will be my last range session before my trip out there. After that I just want to relax and soak in as much as possible. This is going to be a truly special week that I will cheerish and never forget.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Today will be my last range session before my trip out there. After that I just want to relax and soak in as much as possible. This is going to be a truly special week that I will cheerish and never forget.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Just 3 days till I'm picking you up at the airport in Charleston. Then the short hour & a half trip to Caledonia & we'll get our first real taste of what's in store.

Let the butterflies begin, have a great week all and stay positive.

Man are you guys in for a treat! Case and Kevin, I'm so glad you guys are in this. After the great work you guys (along with others) volunteering at 2014 MC, you two get to be in the spotlight! I am sure you two will rock it along with rest of the competitors!

Ron's game is peaking at the right time. He will be a force to reckon with.

Rest of you participants, relax, enjoy the ride. All the prep comes to fruition soon, be prepared to have your socks blown off at the beauty that is True Blue and Caledonia!!!

Is anybody packed yet? I've got my clothes and clubs packed up, packing the rest of my stuff today.

Yeah, I'm just a teensy bit ready to go.

Straight up, I'm going to be worthless at work tomorrow and Tuesday.

Back