Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Last one for now, In my mind, a MUST play if you're even close to the area, esp for those in the Philly area (that's yer hint)
11012710_819764108078525_1639667346622245222_n.jpg

I lied! last one...this one is close to me. A fairly iconic par 3 on a course that most people locally consider fairly "vanilla". private but public can get out there without too much determination.

10734031_763746683680268_8763205747563989793_n.jpg

Last one for now, In my mind, a MUST play if you're even close to the area, esp for those in the Philly area (that's yer hint)

Welcome buddy. Most of these aren't ringing a bell for me, but based in the hint of this one and the building in the background as it relates to the hole, this may be Glen Mills.

Glen Mills

I lied! last one...this one is close to me. A fairly iconic par 3 on a course that most people locally consider fairly "vanilla". private but public can get out there without too much determination.

10734031_763746683680268_8763205747563989793_n.jpg
Commonwealth?

WooHoo! Easter PA, NJ thread!!!! I'll be checking in here and there. I'm new to the board but FYI live pretty close to Makefield Highlands. I grew up in NJ and learned at Mountain View in Mercer. These days I play mostly with Golf Club of NJ when I can carve out the time and they play pretty much all over NJ but mostly shore areas and South Jersey.

Just checking in.....
Welcome aboard.

g-g-g-g-g-guess the course. Less Easy, not sure how many people play here. Pond carry that you can't see (it's more of a threat off the tee box)

11127655_845617385493197_1345050392307550394_n.jpg
Mountain view.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Anyone play gambler's Ridge recently? Thinking about playing tomorrow morning and they have some times open

Scratch that. Booked a foursome for 6am (first time of the day) at mercer Oaks East tomorrow morning if anyone can join, let me know. Have 2 openings

Anyone play gambler's Ridge recently? Thinking about playing tomorrow morning and they have some times open

My buddy played it last year and said it was terrible but who knows if things are different now.

Number one on my list for worst course in nj. Hate that place

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cancelled my 6am time and grabbed a 750 that just opened up. I have one spot open. Who wants to join?

Cancelled my 6am time and grabbed a 750 that just opened up. I have one spot open. Who wants to join?

Would love to but I'm down at the shore. Now that you're playing again let's get a round in soon

Bump for 750 tomorrow morning! 2 spots open now!

you got it! The iconic bell tower of the Glen Mills Schools campus. I love the layout here and the course conditions. The kids do excellent maintenance work. You can make the course as hard as you like playing back or just enjoy it.

http://www.glenmillsschool.org/about/history/
Glen Mills Schools History:The Glen Mills Schools was founded in 1826, originally incorporated as the Philadelphia House of Refuge. The Philadelphia House of Refuge was the third school of its type in the country, following the New York House of Refuge in 1824 and the Boston House of Refuge in 1825.
In 1892, the school relocated to its current campus in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, on nearly eight hundred acres, and in 1911 changed its name to the Glen Mills Schools. Today, the Glen Mills Schools is the oldest existing school of its type in the United States, continuously providing services to troubled youth for over one hundred and eighty-five years.

Wow! NICE! In the shooting gallery that is Mtn View one of the few holes you can really hurt yourself off the tee. #3 now since they switched 9's, narrow, blind tee shot that's 100% not receptive to any draw off the box (IMHO).. at about 240? you start running out of fairway and run down into a pond. a single trap may catch your ball. Bail out used to be right until they bunkered off the fairway. the green is absolutely no bargain as it's severely pitched back to front. If you fly the green you can pretty much forget about any possibility of up and down.

the rest of the course is forgettable, but for some reason always kicks my butt. Like having an older brother than knows your history and weakness.

Commonwealth?

I'll just call this one. Yardley Country Club... number 17 I think. Tremendous uphill par 3. playing from the back 220+ hole + the elevation will challenge almost anyone. the course is typically very well maintained but because of the relative simplicity and shortness of the course I think they struggle to retain/attract memberships. all my opinion. they used to do a "member for a day" during the week to get public play last season but that idea was scrapped and it's pretty much private only.

Hey gents - I am playing White Oaks Country club this Friday as a single -
White Oaks Country Club
2951 Dutch Mill Rd
Newfield, NJ 08344-5553

10:46 AM tee time - if you want to join in let me know!

What's going on fellas?!? Wedding is over and back from the honeymoon in Bermuda and ready for some golf. Anyone looking for a game Friday, Sunday or Monday?

Hey guys, newer member here just checking in. In the southern Middlesex county/northern Monmouth county area and try to get out as much as I can. Will keep an eye out for anyone looking to play a round in the area.

What's going on fellas?!? Wedding is over and back from the honeymoon in Bermuda and ready for some golf. Anyone looking for a game Friday, Sunday or Monday?

Congrats, buddy! I am thinking of a Sunday am round in the mercer area, like mercer oaks, heron Glen, etc.

Hey guys, newer member here just checking in. In the southern Middlesex county/northern Monmouth county area and try to get out as much as I can. Will keep an eye out for anyone looking to play a round in the area.

Welcome!

Back