Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like I have lost my Bluetooth headset so I am in the market for a new one. The one I had was a single ear piece, but I wouldn't be against a stereo headset. I don't want to spend too much, but want to get something that has quality. Any suggestions?

My Lenovo laptop is on it's last leg so I picked up a new computer today. I got the new HP Spectre x360 2-in-1. So far I love the keyboard, it's WAY better than that low profile piece of crap keyboard on the Lenovo. I am not loving the extra large trackpad, I am not sure why it needs to be so big. I love that it's only 13", it makes traveling so much easier, and I have a 27" external monitor I use when at the office so this smaller monitor and lighter weight is so much better.

I hope this computer will be better than the Lenovo, which was hands down the worst computer I have ever purchased and I have purchased a lot of computers.

GG's new HP Spectre is bad arse.

So my Apple Watch Sport just shipped. Debating on keeping it or selling it on eBay to another sucker for a little bit of spending money.

So my Apple Watch Sport just shipped. Debating on keeping it or selling it on eBay to another sucker for a little bit of spending money.

Everybody knows Version 1.0 is always for suckers...haha

Everybody knows Version 1.0 is always for suckers...haha

These things are getting a bit of a premium on eBay right now. Decisions, decisions.

These things are getting a bit of a premium on eBay right now. Decisions, decisions.

I still remember iPhone 1. When Apple told us nobody wanted to be able to send photos via text.

I still remember iPhone 1. When Apple told us nobody wanted to be able to send photos via text.

Web Apps were amazing weren't they?

I would just upgrade the RAM to 8GB. The i3 is not blazing fast, but would be fine for what you are looking at.

cloud cameras...

dropcam, y-cam homemonitor, etc...

not crazy about paying for storage but if it gives me more reliability, better quality and just plain better security I would consider.

Would like one indoor and one outdoor but y-cam is the only one with a weatherproof option but very mixed reviews as far as customer service and quality (this one has the free 7 day storage).

dropcam is already integrated with my Wink HUB automation, have to pay for storage but seems to be the leader. No outdoor version but there are outdoor "mounts" you can buy for about $50.

anyone with experience? thoughts? suggestions?

We put dropcams in my parents house when my mom's parents were living with them, and for the price they were excellent, very user friendly too.

So I have the Mac blutooth keyboard and the magic trackpad because when I am at my desk I prefer to use a bigger monitor and I am a one computer person. The fact that Mac has not given us a way to attach the two is so typical of them. For a brand so focused on hardware design to make us look elsewhere for these awful designed attachments is crazy to me.

I should have just bought the logitech that was all in one, but I already had the keyboard. And dont even get me started on the fact that they are not rechargable but instead use AA's.

Oh well, small problems to have, but still idiocy.

So I have the Mac blutooth keyboard and the magic trackpad because when I am at my desk I prefer to use a bigger monitor and I am a one computer person. The fact that Mac has not given us a way to attach the two is so typical of them. For a brand so focused on hardware design to make us look elsewhere for these awful designed attachments is crazy to me.

I should have just bought the logitech that was all in one, but I already had the keyboard. And dont even get me started on the fact that they are not rechargable but instead use AA's.

Oh well, small problems to have, but still idiocy.
I have the keyboard and mouse that came with my iMac and I have to change the damn batteries once a month at least. I even buy the good batteries and it makes no difference. Such a stupid design.

I have the keyboard and mouse that came with my iMac and I have to change the damn batteries once a month at least. I even buy the good batteries and it makes no difference. Such a stupid design.

The Apple rechargeables (I think they're just rebadged eneloops) have been good for me with the iMac. Recharge them once every couple months in the work computer.

The Apple rechargeables (I think they're just rebadged eneloops) have been good for me with the iMac. Recharge them once every couple months in the work computer.
I was going to buy some rechargeable batteries but I am just lazy. Haha

I was going to buy some rechargeable batteries but I am just lazy. Haha

It took me waaay too long to bite the bullet and buy them. I think I ordered these with the computer when we replaced the old iMac. After probably buying 100 batteries.

It took me waaay too long to bite the bullet and buy them. I think I ordered these with the computer when we replaced the old iMac. After probably buying 100 batteries.
Good batteries didn't last any longer than the crap ones so I just loaded up on crappy ones.

Fupresti suggested a power bank to me, I believe it was Anker. I just want something inexpensive that I can use to charge my phone in a pinch. Being able to use the phone and charge it would be a plus. Any suggestions?

Just for your phone? I just bought this for like $8 off Amazon and it's been fantastic when I've needed it.
38c62852a4190a9a2925814a46f64874.jpg

aff1969519c13c954017760a23661582.jpg

fe06624f7f80756ebc0a77d22916453e.jpg

Just for your phone? I just bought this for like $8 off Amazon and it's been fantastic when I've needed it.
38c62852a4190a9a2925814a46f64874.jpg

aff1969519c13c954017760a23661582.jpg
Yeah just my phone for the most part. Thinking about the Legacy and want to make sure I don't have a dead battery. I had a Zero lemon for my GS4 but apparently they don't make them anymore for the G3.

Yeah just my phone for the most part. Thinking about the Legacy and want to make sure I don't have a dead battery. I had a Zero lemon for my GS4 but apparently they don't make them anymore for the G3.
Just make sure whatever you get has 2.1a and at least 3000 mahs. Obviously the more the better, but also the larger.

It just seems ridiculous to me to charge what they do for these devices and not have a battery pack built in like every other device in the category does. Then add the fact that you cannot combine them and its ludicrous. Im a shareholder, so glad their margins are 7 billion percent, but the functionality of these two devices is laughable compared to everything else on the market in terms of design.

It just seems ridiculous to me to charge what they do for these devices and not have a battery pack built in like every other device in the category does. Then add the fact that you cannot combine them and its ludicrous. Im a shareholder, so glad their margins are 7 billion percent, but the functionality of these two devices is laughable compared to everything else on the market in terms of design.

Agree - I can understand based on when these came out, but if the next iteration doesn't have a rechargeable built in that will be disappointing. However, because I travel with one of the mice, I have been saved a few times by the fact that it takes a standard battery.

Still, I loved the old Logitech mouse I had at work that had the dock to charge it in. Pop it in when I left and never ran out of batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back