Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Finally saw one of these in person at the store yesterday. Shape is definitely different. Didn't have the cash on hand to purchase, but this one is high on the radar for me... Wish they made one in a raw finish.

I can FINALLY get mine (58°) on the course tonight after receiving it Monday. #FLOPS

I can FINALLY get mine (58°) on the course tonight after receiving it Monday. #FLOPS
Don't be afraid to really go after the ball. Good luck with it.

While the high toe is great the things that really pulled me to this are the grooves across the entire face and the reports of performance in the sand. My miss on touch shots around the green is on the toe and I've struggled mightily out of the sand recently.

Still waiting for mine from Fairway Jockey :(

One day. One freaking day.

I took a full wedge shot and felt it immediately. A little cluster of rock pebbles must have been under the grass. I am usually not anal about condition...but this one, this one hurts. :angry:

a1bf5f1c-5a29-4f83-a60c-abb0ff9463fd_zpsx3s9jsxj.jpg
9fd8160f-029b-405d-a706-695989006c27_zps0nq6mv44.jpg

Don't be afraid to really go after the ball. Good luck with it.
It took all of five minutes to get completely comfy with this thing pre-round. I already game (pretty well, too) a MD TG 58 so there was not too much to fear.

I always miss greens, so knew I'd have tons of chances on the course to play it and it was, simply, wonderful.

I got out of my first two bunkers today quite easily, but the third, once I knew how it would play, was magical. It was at least a 40 yard bunker shot to an elevated green; I could only see the top 1/2 of the flag. I popped it out (easily) and it tracked right to the flag and left me a 6" kicker. So, I had two sand saves today alone. Something that often takes a month to accomplish. :clown:

Towards the end of the round, I was 45y out on a par 5. I just kind of walked up to it, took a half swing, and it went high and soft to the hole and left me about 3 feet. So I dropped three more balls and did my best Phil impersonation and put them within a nice little 4' circle, too! I was almost giggling.

Interesting though, not a single shot outside to the toe or up high. Every one was about middle face. It's good to know it's there if I get sloppy, though!

After day one? FIVE STARS

It took all of five minutes to get completely comfy with this thing pre-round. I already game (pretty well, too) a MD TG 58 so there was not too much to fear.

I always miss greens, so knew I'd have tons of chances on the course to play it and it was, simply, wonderful.

I got out of my first two bunkers today quite easily, but the third, once I knew how it would play, was magical. It was at least a 40 yard bunker shot to an elevated green; I could only see the top 1/2 of the flag. I popped it out (easily) and it tracked right to the flag and left me a 6" kicker. So, I had two sand saves today alone. Something that often takes a month to accomplish. :clown:

Towards the end of the round, I was 45y out on a par 5. I just kind of walked up to it, took a half swing, and it went high and soft to the hole and left me about 3 feet. So I dropped three more balls and did my best Phil impersonation and put them within a nice little 4' circle, too! I was almost giggling.

Interesting though, not a single shot outside to the toe or up high. Every one was about middle face. It's good to know it's there if I get sloppy, though!

After day one? FIVE STARS
Awesome to hear. It's just so much fun right.

I just have to keep reminding myself to go after it.

I just have to keep reminding myself to go after it.

YES! This is very important. It definitely rewards people who do.

Just hit driver, full PM to 16 inches for a kicker bird. #win

AKA as the Ethanator strategy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing this in person at my local store, my ponder about returning and exchanging my RTX 2.0 is now over. I couldn't get over the unconventional look of it.

I played with the 56* PM grind today.
I could not hit this darn thing to save my life.
Glad other people are getting along with there's.
back to the 56* TG

I still can't decide if I want to take the plunge on one.

My 60* PM grind just arrived from but I'm headed to Lake Tahoe for a family weekend so I won't get to test it until Monday or Tuesday. If I love it I'm going to add one in a 56*.

This B is getting a workout tomorrow. It's the only wedge (outside of my set PW/AW) that I'll have in the bag and I expect to have ample opportunity to put it through the paces.

88e9cada1f7224f35226420fe1da58c8.jpg

Nice Pete!

One day. One freaking day.

I took a full wedge shot and felt it immediately. A little cluster of rock pebbles must have been under the grass. I am usually not anal about condition...but this one, this one hurts. :angry:

a1bf5f1c-5a29-4f83-a60c-abb0ff9463fd_zpsx3s9jsxj.jpg
9fd8160f-029b-405d-a706-695989006c27_zps0nq6mv44.jpg
Ouch, THAT really stinks. Any damage to the face. Lot's of damage, maybe you hit diamonds instead of pebbles.

34e99c1e85be2a2f788bf7a7b9e65d1a.jpg

Sure. What the hell.

This B is getting a workout tomorrow. It's the only wedge (outside of my set PW/AW) that I'll have in the bag and I expect to have ample opportunity to put it through the paces.

88e9cada1f7224f35226420fe1da58c8.jpg
You're gonna love it. Have fun.

AKA as the Ethanator strategy!
There was another opportunity only a few holes later, but I missed the slippery 5 footer just left edge. That shot was from about 45 yards to an elevated green over a bunker. Should have had TWO easy PMBirdies.

I may have missed it, tried a search, but can someone offer feedback as to the 64. My other wedges are set, but occasionally, I think about a 64 -- had a Vokey 64 about 10 years ago but it was a picker's wedge, not for me.

This one looks great on dried out and crowned pins, and for short bunker shots and chips.

I can do a lot with a 60 so I don't know about it. But in HI Rev 2.0, this one piques my interest.

Back