Best clubs to stock up on?

PlayingThorns

Going for Gold
Reaction score
Handicap
So here's the situation... I have a bag worthy of staying the same for a while, all my clubs are working fantastically right now. The thing is my job allows me to get clubs for Mill River Pricing. As well as stock piling callaway gift cards I have a want to stock up on clubs which I could break out at any given moments. My question to all of you is given this opportunity what would you "stock up" on.

My original thought was putter but I like my RSX 001 and would not want to replace it without knowing I could putt better or equal to what I do with that gem.

My next though was different degrees of wedges but being able to use a loft/lie table I feel this may be wasteful.

Shafts... No thank I have a hard time justifying trying to tinker with something that already works great.

Irons... I use apex CF 16s so anyone who's used these would understand I don't need new irons.

Help me out I've got an urge but want well advised ideas, platforms of thoughts before having clubs just sitting around begging to be used.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'll take a new set of wedges, thanks.

Top consideration right now would be the wedges... although I'm one of the type who finds good luck in the ware and use of older wedges.

Clubs to stock up on? None, IMO. If you can get Callaway gift cards just sit on those for when new clubs are released. clubs are constantly changing and at least in my case, new and shiny will win almost every time over what I currently have.

One of everything in every possible combination.
That should keep you busy for awhile.

This would include tour clubs for pro's and prototypes and custom limited production releases.

ps, I had to go look up what Mill River Pricing was, nice deal if you can afford it.

Epic driver. If you can get good pricing, especially if you can get good pricing (I do!), it is totally worth it. Ball speed gains are real. Truthfully that is all I'd look at upgrading. As far as stockpiling, putters are always fun and hold value way better than anything else. Save up for the new Apex line coming out later this year!

We talking a few different clubs? I'd go for some drivers/fairways and shafts! Never know when one of them starts duck hooking left on you!

An extra/duplicate full set would be nice for a rainy day. Beyond that...I don't see the point of buying a bunch of clubs just to have them.

From the sounds of it I would stand pat and not buy anything. I would get the gift cards if you absolutely need to buy something so that in the future you can use them to upgrade your current setup.

If you really want to stock up on golf clubs, you should check the pricing on Callaway Pre-Owned. You can get an idea for what your stocked up golf clubs would sell for, if you were to never use them. IMO, stocking up on golf clubs is a good way to turn $100 into $40.

This would include tour clubs for pro's and prototypes and custom limited production releases.

I'd agree with Mike on this one. I know you said you'd want clubs to break out when bored or need a change but clubs will continually change, I'd say try to find clubs or even accessories, head overs, etc that are limited release or prototypes. Cool pieces to have but also will increase in value over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic driver. If you can get good pricing, especially if you can get good pricing (I do!), it is totally worth it. Ball speed gains are real. Truthfully that is all I'd look at upgrading. As far as stockpiling, putters are always fun and hold value way better than anything else. Save up for the new Apex line coming out later this year!
When did word of a new apex line come out or is this still speculation. This would certainly make stocking up on putters or different wedge lofts obsolete for me.

I do like the idea of spending my options on limited releases buy with a busy schedule I always seem to be about 15 minutes to late to get these limited edition hardcover, putters, and other accessories.

When did word of a new apex line come out or is this still speculation. This would certainly make stocking up on putters or different wedge lofts obsolete for me.

Release cycles every other year for the forged line of irons. It's just assumed at this stage, but pretty sure it's a given. But improving on what they have in the CF16 will be the true TOUGH task.

Release cycles every other year for the forged line of irons. It's just assumed at this stage, but pretty sure it's a given. But improving on what they have in the CF16 will be the true TOUGH task.
Couldn't agree more. Ha I wouldn't mind seeing them go with a chrome finish this time around though... my satin has gotten pretty banged up and personally I think clubs should look like they have been played but not look like they have 5 years of wear in 1.5.

How about a set of the Black CF-16 irons? That would give you a different look when you got the urge to play something different, but without risking comfort with what you like.

Also would it be wrong to assume there may be a new PM wedge coming out late 2017 in which case this forum seems to have taken off from a let me buy stuff because I'm impatient and like instant gratification. Into a perfect reason to invest, save, and buy.

How about a set of the Black CF-16 irons? That would give you a different look when you got the urge to play something different, but without risking comfort with what you like.
Know anyone with near mint condition black apex CFs?

I give myself 1 year period of testing new equipments. If they are good fit, I buy 1 more as back up copy.

Epic driver,Toulon putter and the gift cards would be my buys. Stocking up on the gift cards are always good

Wedges, then driver/woods. Irons can last a long time and don't improve so much year to year

Epic driver would be a clear upgrade from your XR16. A couple Toulon putters would be my next choice.

Heck im still trying to afford an old used set of Apex CF's,... .... my prediction is SL irons will be the next rave...Pinhawk and other big names jumping in.

If was me I'd save up gift cards for set of black CF-18's, assuming Callaway comes out with set. Preferably with matching black shafts. Go stealth!

Back