Lamkin UTx - issue slipping in hand - Srixon Red edition.

I might reach out to see if there was an issue with that particular run out of curiosity, but I'm not expecting to get new grips nor should I after I playing them a couple seasons. I'm really thinking it's just a not for me scenario based on all the positive reviews people have on these.

I found the stock Srixon Red UTX grips to be the worst grips I ever played. I cut them off the 745s after two days. I have played briefly a UTX midsize that I could live with but not those stock grips.

I might reach out to see if there was an issue with that particular run out of curiosity, but I'm not expecting to get new grips nor should I after I playing them a couple seasons. I'm really thinking it's just a not for me scenario based on all the positive reviews people have on these.

How many times do you play a year? I would normally expect that my grips to need replacing after 2+ seasons.

Sadly only about 12-15 rds collectively in those two years due to work, if you add up the 9 hole rounds. I've finally managed to be able to join a weekly league this year, so I am noticing it more, but they still look new after washing.

Sadly only about 12-15 rds collectively in those two years due to work, if you add up the 9 hole rounds. I've finally managed to be able to join a weekly league this year, so I am noticing it more, but they still look new after washing.

absolutely sounds like you got a bad batch. i have some extra utx grips. i'm happy to send you a couple to replace and see if you still experience the same thing. just pm me your shipping info if you're interested, no charge.

Gripes and you will be all set!!! Our skin leaves behind more residue then you would think. I think with the corded grips you get more friction so more skin residue, oil, skin etc. I am on my scond set of utx after adopting very early on. The only reason I regripped was I wanted a different color. Unless you are a real strangler of the club you should get close to 2 years or 200 rounds with them if you use gripes.

absolutely sounds like you got a bad batch. i have some extra utx grips. i'm happy to send you a couple to replace and see if you still experience the same thing. just pm me your shipping info if you're interested, no charge.

Much appreciated, my buddy is actually ordering a couple new clubs that come with the UTx so I will just compare those. Thanks for the offer though!.

Just realized I hadn't updated this thread. I ended up sending Lamkin a email a while back about the grips just to see if they had seen of any issues. They said they hadn't, but if I wanted to try out one something else they would send me one, and he asked me what my current setup was. I said sure and I would give the z5 a shot laid out my setup, a few days goes by and box shows up. Thought it was a bit excessive packaging for a single grip, we'll sure enough I opened the box and they sent me an entire replacement set! Re-checked the email thread and guess I totally missed that, amazing customer service. Hoping to get these swapped out in the next week or two and put them to the test.

Just realized I hadn't updated this thread. I ended up sending Lamkin a email a while back about the grips just to see if they had seen of any issues. They said they hadn't, but if I wanted to try out one something else they would send me one, and he asked me what my current setup was. I said sure and I would give the z5 a shot laid out my setup, a few days goes by and box shows up. Thought it was a bit excessive packaging for a single grip, we'll sure enough I opened the box and they sent me an entire replacement set! Re-checked the email thread and guess I totally missed that, amazing customer service. Hoping to get these swapped out in the next week or two and put them to the test.

That is awesome! Great gesture by their Customer Service. The z5 is a great grip. I currently have one on my 5 wood and will likely expand that to a lot more clubs after my current grips wear out.

Back