Need some assistance for longer clubs

Danielceee

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So my bag currently is m2: 10.5, taylormade udi 3i, nike vr combo: 4-pw, 52, 56, 60, ghost putter. Havnt been playing many rounds with my driver due to a horrible OTT slice, longer irons have a slight fade if I dont turn the club over heavily, and short irons and wedges are on at the moment.

Thinking of getting into a hybrid to help practice on the course correcting my swing without shooting terrible numbers off the tee. Do you guys think I should forget that and just take lessons and hit more balls with the driver to help or what. This club gets me frustrated which I feel effects my second shots, while giving me much practice out of the right rough.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as others here, but in observing my previous results I noticed the same thing you are seeing. The more loft I used, the less movement the ball had. It never eliminated the slice/fade, just minimized it as I got into the higher lofts. The biggest help was changing my swing. It took work, lots of work, lots of video, and a ton of questioning my decisions. I did it on my own and developed a nice little draw.

The way I did it sucks. Get some lessons and let a pro make it easier. It'll still take work, but you'll have a trained set of eyes helping you out. I'd say go for the fix, not the band-aid.

Hackitup is right, fix the swing, don't band-aid it.

Lessons and practice

Take it from someone who had the same slice/fade problem. A hybrid won't be any different to everything else if you don't change the thing that's causing it

Simple answer - lessons

Hey everyone! So my bag currently is m2: 10.5, taylormade udi 3i, nike vr combo: 4-pw, 52, 56, 60, ghost putter. Havnt been playing many rounds with my driver due to a horrible OTT slice, longer irons have a slight fade if I dont turn the club over heavily, and short irons and wedges are on at the moment.

Thinking of getting into a hybrid to help practice on the course correcting my swing without shooting terrible numbers off the tee. Do you guys think I should forget that and just take lessons and hit more balls with the driver to help or what. This club gets me frustrated which I feel effects my second shots, while giving me much practice out of the right rough.

The bolded is what needs addressing otherwise you will always struggle and potentially end up hitting either a slice or a big pull for each shot with any club in the bag

If you don't want to go down the route of lessons, post a video up in the swing tips section and ask Tadashi for some help regarding drills you could do to try and help you out

Simple answer - lessons

The bolded is what needs addressing otherwise you will always struggle and potentially end up hitting either a slice or a big pull for each shot with any club in the bag

If you don't want to go down the route of lessons, post a video up in the swing tips section and ask Tadashi for some help regarding drills you could do to try and help you out

Yea , I am just going to go the correct route and start some lessons. I went for a few a year or so ago and was not very happy due to the fact he just strengthened my grip, which I also feel is a band aide fix. Something myself and most players want is a "pretty" swing am I right? So Im going to do some research for NY pros that could give some lessons to actually fix the overall swing path.

Thanks for all the help guys

Back