Odyssey Putters Thread

I got some range time in before the rain and spent about 45 minutes on the putting green. I've been rolling the #7 Works Tank pretty good, but was slightly off with it. I was more concerned with putts inside of 15ft. I like my 330M shape and the 330M TC treated me very well when it was in the bag.

I rolled all kinds of putts, short/long, uphill/downhill, different breaks and was still unsure. I found a flat spot that was pretty straightforward and rolled 10 fifteen footers with each. Now I will freely admit putting is more stroke than the putter itself, but the 330M sets up well and just gives me confidence. With the #7 I made 7 of the 15 putts and left a majority that were not made short, but within a few feet. The 330M I made 12 of the 15 & the 3 that were missed were tap ins.

Needless to say the 330M TC is going in the bag and the #7 Works Tank is being regulated to the office. I'm sure I'll roll it from time to time, but the 330M is the winner.

June 12th.

Just sayin'.

Anyone tried the eyefit system? I "kinda" think they're onto something. I was at golfsmith last week and tried it out, my eyes were between 2-3 dashes. Went back a couple days later and eyes were at 4 dashes lol… Went to the pga store the other day to try the WHP. I normally will just test out the #1 style but decided to get wild and try some different heads.

Started with the Rossie(1 dash) and putt it pretty well, actually really liked it. Next I tried the #9(4 dashes) without looking at how many dashes until after I hit it few times, didn't like it. Last I tried the #7 Versa(1 dash), again not looking at the dashes, ended up liking it even more than the Rossie(putting results about the same). Went back and forth with these three…Rossie and #7 felt awesome.

My plan is to keep doing this for the next couple weeks and see if I get the same results.

I actually just picked up a Versa #6 off of Callaway preowned. I actually like the fact it doesn't have a centerline since I think I over-focus on that. We'll see how it works for me. If it doesn't then I can always trade it back for something different.

A gentleman I was paired with yesterday commented on how much he liked the roll my WHP #7 put on the ball. Just such a good putter for me. Sooo glad I did a fitting. Went from always using 35" and now am at a 33". I've never been this confident with my putting. Got it at Golf Galaxy new for $89. Best value out there IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought of another question. Is there really any difference between the Versa and WHP? At least in the #7 the WHP is 7 grams heavier, but besides that and appearance, are they the same putter?

Thought of another question. Is there really any difference between the Versa and WHP? At least in the #7 the WHP is 7 grams heavier, but besides that and appearance, are they the same putter?

Pretty sure it's the same insert. Versa head is just a tad smaller I believe.

Same, but material and slight shape/weight differences can change the feel from many. This is from a chat I had with them about it around the release.

I've got an Odyssey Works #1W on the way. I just couldn't pull the trigger on the #6M even though I liked the shape of the head, I still prefer that "Anser" style shape. I'm looking forward to getting it and seeing how it works out for me.

Ok cool. Haven't been able to find a WHP #7 but hit another Versa 7 this morning and still liking it.

Same, but material and slight shape/weight differences can change the feel from many. This is from a chat I had with them about it around the release.

I can see that for sure. Excited to try a WHP #7 to compare to the Versa.

I recently picked up a works v line versa with the superstroke grip. I'm just waiting for it to come from Odyssey. I love the weight and shape and can't wait to get it on the course.

Ok cool. Haven't been able to find a WHP #7 but hit another Versa 7 this morning and still liking it.

Not sure if you have one close but I got mine at Golf Galaxy. The WHP line is marked down to $89 there.

Yep theres one not too far from me. I will definitely check them out

Now that LIITA is over and I can use whatever putter I want, I think I'm going to switch over to the #5 for my Pittsburgh prep

So I went to hit some balls the other day and the pro shop actually had a WHP #7 for sale. Ended up testing it on the putting green and could tell the difference in weight and head size. I liked it, but prefer the Versa.

If anyone sees me rolling anything other than a 330M head shape, take said putter and break it. I rolled my
330M TC so well I have no idea why I took it out of the bag. I had three birdies today along with a handful of pars that were birdie attempts that burned the edges.

This putter is staying for a while....

*disclaimer* I reserve the right to be enamored with shiny and new and occasionally stray

If anyone sees me rolling anything other than a 330M head shape, take said putter and break it. I rolled my
330M TC so well I have no idea why I took it out of the bag. I had three birdies today along with a handful of pars that were birdie attempts that burned the edges.

This putter is staying for a while....

*disclaimer* I reserve the right to be enamored with shiny and new and occasionally stray

Looking ain't cheating, friend. Glad the 330M TC is working well for you.

Just laid eyes on a Metal X Milled Rossie for the first time. I am now in argument mode with myself, its the first time I've seen them in Thailand. Its a bit heavy on the price.

Got my #7CH in the mail today thanks to a trade with Jman and got to roll it in the basement for about 20 minutes. First thoughts: I love the flatso 2.0 grip that is on it, it fits me so stinking well. I love the way this putter sets up to the ball, and it is so easy for me to control distance, bouncing back and forth between a 27' putt and an 8' putt and all over in between with pretty good distance control. I do think the putter might be a bit long for me at 35" as I've been fit online (never in person) to 34" on multiple sites, and it feels much more natural choking up an inch or so. I'm going to try choking up on it for awhile to see if that works well, but I'm always afraid of the extra getting caught in my shirt when I'm putting. If I cut off an inch, would that change much about the balance or feel of the putter? If it breaks it, how hard is it to fix?

You would change very little with an inch, most people can't tell the SW change that will occur.

That said, I encourage you to keep it at 35 and choke down, you'll get a slight CB effect from it and it will stabilize the stroke a bit, plus it may make you a touch more upright which isn't at all a bad thing.

Does anybody know if the milled collection 6M is face balanced or does it have some toe hang?

putters-2015-milled-collection-6m____1.png

I absolutely love the shape and look, but I know I struggle with out a face balanced putter.

Trying to get some reps on with my #7ch and put it up against my #1W TC. I love the weight of the TC and the #7 head, works insert, and flatso 2.0 grip, wish there was a way to combine all of that into 1 putter.

Trying to get some reps on with my #7ch and put it up against my #1W TC. I love the weight of the TC and the #7 head, works insert, and flatso 2.0 grip, wish there was a way to combine all of that into 1 putter.
Go Wardy on it.

Lead tape does wonders. Haha

Back