The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

It's pretty humbling to look back on this.
I love sharing my expierences.

Checked out the recap thread today..... As if I didn't want to get in enough already.

But as always, my #1 goal is for THP to bring home the belt. I know whomever chosen will do it! #GottaHaveFaith :)

I hope you make it man. You got the game to take down the ZooCrew for sure. Kill it in #TheGauntlet if you get in and punch your ticket with the MVP.

I hope you make it man. You got the game to take down the ZooCrew for sure. Kill it in #TheGauntlet if you get in and punch your ticket with the MVP.
Thanks sir. I'm going to try but who knows what'll happen! I just want to see that belt on our side!

I see you've found your XR driver swing.

You forgot two key pieces of that comeback......me missing putts on 7 and 8 and me three putting on #9 #yourewelcome

Yeah Jason, you probably shouldn't have done that. Definitely not conducive to your overall personal Grandaddy record.

Oh to be able to show them how thier UT clubs are to be hit...ha. The 15/21/24 will not leave the bag any time soon.

Trust me when I say that Chad has got the UTs on lockdown. With the pressure on, he dealt some quality shots with those bad boys.

Thanks sir. I'm going to try but who knows what'll happen! I just want to see that belt on our side!

I see you've found your XR driver swing.

Yeah it's strange what my game is going through. 3-4 months ago I couldn't hit anything above 6 iron. Now I can't hit anything below my hybrid. That's golf for you haha. Just gotta keep practicing and focusing on all parts of my game.

I have been lucky to experience some good things in the past in previous sports but this event would have to be the best golf related thing that I could imagine. I think the only way it could be topped would be by playing Augusta....how special would it be to combine this by playing it at Augusta?

I have been lucky to experience some good things in the past in previous sports but this event would have to be the best golf related thing that I could imagine. I think the only way it could be topped would be by playing Augusta....how special would it be to combine this by playing it at Augusta?

Ill stick to this experience, personally.

Don't get me wrong, I would sell my soul to experience this but for me this is something that I actually have a chance to experience - playing at Augusta is never going to happen hence why I consider it a dream to play there

Something tells me that a place like Augusta would frown on blueberry infused vodka lemonade and music. I haven't been lucky enough to experience The Grandaddy (fingers crossed), but if the #TheKing is any indication, I don't think a stuffy atmosphere would be nearly as fun.

There just isnt much that touch an event like this. It has all the elements of great golf experience. It has Gear, It has amazing courses, a competitive format, UMM its all paid for HELLO, gear, amazing people at both THP and Calloway, gear... and from I read there are these things called comfort stations. And the very small part of being fit in same dang place the pros get fit at. I am sure I missed a million more things but the point is no one should want to miss this. (...gear)

I was talking to my wife about golf (which doesn't usually happen) when we were out at dinner last night, I may have told her that the golf thing I tried for last year (meaning #TheGrandaddy which she knew what I was talking about) is on again this year and im going to try again. I also told her that the grass there is better than our carpet and the driving range is better than probably over half of the courses in NZ lol.

Not that I was looking for it but I got permission from the wife to go to California for this

Not that I was looking for it but I got permission from the wife to go to California for this
This is not a trip to ask permission for. #ForgivenessLater

I can't even imagine how amazing a course like the Hideaway must be. I thought Prestwick in MSP was by far the nicest course I had ever set foot on....... even just the pictures of the Hideaway always have my jaw dropping.

This is not a trip to ask permission for. #ForgivenessLater

Trust me.

She would be happy for you!

Quoted for truth. This is a legit once in a lifetime experience.

totally agree. I wasn't asking permission, we were discussing the various events and how some involve equipment and competition and others are about getting educated and experiencing new tech or product along with golf as well as how some are conducive to family and some aren't. I mentioned thegrandaddy was one of the events I wanted to get and that's when she said I,could go...knowing at a some point we will have to take a vacation together there too

totally agree. I wasn't asking permission, we were discussing the various events and how some involve equipment and competition and others are about getting educated and experiencing new tech or product along with golf as well as how some are conducive to family and some aren't. I mentioned thegrandaddy was one of the events I wanted to get and that's when she said I,could go...knowing at a some point we will have to take a vacation together there too
I wasn't trying to single you out. The event is just that good. Any excuse not to try to get in is just not good enough.

I, like so many people on the forum, have The Grandaddy on my mind a lot lately. In all likelihood this will be the only official THP event I would be able to participate in if I were lucky enough to be selected. With the job change taking effect this Monday it will be December before I can even take an official vacation day. To be able to spend it in California being a part of such incredible event would be off the charts incredible. Even with finally being able to take vacation time it is possible that The Grandaddy could conflict with job responsibilities. I sure hope that isn't the case though. Maybe when the dates are announced I can go ahead and start working on resolving that conflict just in case I have the incredibly good fortune to be a part of The Grandaddy.

I know that my handicap is going the wrong way right now, but I have seen some glimmers of hope lately. Besides, having a high handicap player that could very possibly get hot at the right time has to be a good addition, right?!?! Ahhh...A boy can dream of it anyway.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

I didn't ask for permission, I just told Jen I would be trying for a spot on the team - Will worry about how much it will cost me to make it up to her if I make it :D

I didn't ask for permission, I just told Jen I would be trying for a spot on the team - Will worry about how much it will cost me to make it up to her if I make it :D

This is me as well lol, except my wifes name is Carol not Jen. :D

I'm curious about something. You are at the Grandaddy and that days format is match play. Your opponent takes a practice swing in a hazard. Do you call the penalty?

I'm curious about something. You are at the Grandaddy and that days format is match play. Your opponent takes a practice swing in a hazard. Do you call the penalty?

Personally. No
I may be able to see it though.
I mean above all else we are there to have a great time, and will do everything in my power to do so and all around me are doing likewise.

I think the way to do that is to mention it to the offending player, and if he calls himself fine, if not fine.

I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Back