THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having fun!

4a1f79193b8be63bc5eb0ef808a26c9f.jpg
A little wet, but fun absolutely!

Match play prep for McRock and me. I give him 1 stroke then heads up.

Took the first with a bogey and 1 up.

Push 2 and Dan gets 3 with a great up and down. As

Dan takes 4 to go 1 up

Dan goes 2 up on me, but I have him right where I want him... :alien:

Dan won't stop getting up and down on me, and goes 3 up. Starting to not like him much, there may be violence.

Finished the front with Dan up 3, he shot a 45 to my 44. He's no good at par 5s playing them at 6 over. Cigars and fireball for the back.

I got 10 but Dan got 11... Still 3 down.

And just like that we ate dormie with Dan 4 up. This guy gets up and down from anywhere and is not a 14 handicap... #Wherearemystrokes

Dan ended up winning the traditional match play 5 and 3, but then I told him about the "every hole worth a point" format that we played in the King and that has been played in the Granddaddy and that he might face that in Legacy, so we switched to that format, and I won the last 3 holes so he only got 2 points on me. Clearly he isn't a closer... :alien:

It was some great match play practice for both of us, and his game is in great shape. I think he's ready to break some hearts in Legacy, though I'm clearly not ready for the Grandaddy, so time to do more work. He finished with a 90 but had 5 triples (ouch!) and I shot an 87 which I'm alright with.

So me MSG and Rambler are tackling Renwood this morning. So far birdie, bogey, birdie, birdie, par. Putting great so far. Here's hoping it continues...

67ebd965306fcc8a8a2320bb10c3beac.jpg
288672a8c3bbc3b5b674853df995ce16.jpg

Good drive on six. 89 yards to 15 ft. Birdie falls.
5a1069cef9fad512b92889c149aa1fe7.jpg

Birdie on par 5 #7. Hit a huge 4 wood off the tee. Bogey on #8 par 3.
654d392cf6032db68f2203c2000a37b1.jpg

Dan ended up winning the traditional match play 5 and 3, but then I told him about the "every hole worth a point" format that we played in the King and that has been played in the Granddaddy and that he might face that in Legacy, so we switched to that format, and I won the last 3 holes so he only got 2 points on me. Clearly he isn't a closer... :alien:

It was some great match play practice for both of us, and his game is in great shape. I think he's ready to break some hearts in Legacy, though I'm clearly not ready for the Grandaddy, so time to do more work. He finished with a 90 but had 5 triples (ouch!) and I shot an 87 which I'm alright with.

Just a heads up, the "every hole worth a point" hasn't been a scoring system used in the #Grandaddy, it's been standard match play scoring the first 2 years.

Par on 9. Finished with 33...two bogeys. Now for the back.
7f35cc0bb7f9f291e2be7cb19ae34b1d.jpg

Just a heads up, the "every hole worth a point" hasn't been a scoring system used in the #Grandaddy, it's been standard match play scoring the first 2 years.
My bad, thought it was, but maybe it was just last year's king I was thinking of.

Par on 10. Terrible bogey on 11. Hit a great XR driver down 12.
de2ae42a3ee4f77d45adf7042e735e0b.jpg

Par on 12. Next up par 3.... Toughest hole on the course in many folks opinions.
efdd159b89a1ed2d007d9927a39d6c61.jpg

Made it through a couple downpours and winds have kicked up to 20+ mph. Bogey on 14. Pars on 15 & 16. Let's hope it just stays misting...

Sad bogeys on 17 & 18. Finished at 73.

Nice score, Derek. Your game is really hitting high gear.
Thank you sir. Cutting that inch off the driver is helping.... Gotta get the wedges in order.

Now home to get dry!!

THP Live Round thread!

Nice score, Derek. Your game is really hitting high gear.

Can you say #TheGauntlet ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you say #TheGauntlet ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta get it ready for a few qualifiers I'm looking at. Neeeeeed to get my wedges dialed in.... Just a sad state with them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back