Thoughts on orange whip?

Finally got mine today. Played with it a bit this evening. Be a pilot and sitting all day i have found that when I play its hard to get my back loose. I swung tonight for al out 15 min and felt great. Think it will be great for tempo as well as warming up before a round. Can't play this week so going to use it to stay loose and practice. Oh and bought at Dicks (47" model) and used the $20 off online special but did the pickup at the local store. Was $89. Well worth it

Mine only leaves the bag when I am using it to warm up...It is fantastic for working on tempo and swing path...

It has definitely helped me, and recommend to others!!!

Someone (can't remember who) put the idea in my head about hitting balls with the orange whip. I tried it today. Took a couple of swings but after that I got to hitting them pretty good. It's just like hitting a baseball. It was fun, and I'll do it from time to time. Definitely good for working on contact.

I have to imagine you tee the ball pretty high. Not too sure I will be trying that trick shot.

I have to imagine you tee the ball pretty high. Not too sure I will be trying that trick shot.

I was hitting it off the mat. Didn't occur to me to try hitting it off the tee.

Someone (can't remember who) put the idea in my head about hitting balls with the orange whip. I tried it today. Took a couple of swings but after that I got to hitting them pretty good. It's just like hitting a baseball. It was fun, and I'll do it from time to time. Definitely good for working on contact.

Or maybe when I am on the range. Alone. Otherwise, someone might get a nasty surprise in their leg!

Or maybe when I am on the range. Alone. Otherwise, someone might get a nasty surprise in their leg!

Hahaha, an advantage to having a hitting net. I can screw around with these things and not hurt anybody else! I'll take a video doing it sometime soon and post it.

Not sure if anyone saw the Pga Superstore deal where you get a $20 gift card when you buy one of the Orange Whips right now. I got a gift card. They took the $20 right off the purchase for my dad.

I've got lazy lately about using this and as a coincidence my driver has started to suffer again. I've put it back in the bag and have been using it for warmup again before a round. I'm also going to go back to bringing it to work with me and swinging it at lunch time.

Helpful with the Driver. But if you choke up a little bit you can even work on you irons swing

I have had mine for about three weeks now. Due to being single dad while wife away I have not played but have tried to swing my OW everyday for 10-15 min. I can't say it's helping my game as going to play tomorrow but I like the feel when I practice with it. Especially the stretching out of my back and just going through the motions of swinging a club. I'm glad I did get it and will continue to use for warmup and just swinging everyday. Was well worth the money so far.

I have been using the orange whip for over a year now. I could feel it in my upper body after going through the drills at first but then it became easier. I then incorporated a medicine ball workout on top of it http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ultimate-medicine-ball-workout. Really helped with core strength and flexibility.Doing this workout and using the orange whip is a great combination.

I really think it has helped my muscle memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use it daily like I should, but I use it to warm up. It's great for that.

I noticed when using it the very first time, I immediately fixed an issue related to my release. That alone was worth it.

For whatever reason, since using it, I've grooved an inside / out swing path. I've been outside in my entire golfing life, but it's all inside out now. If it's due to the orange whip, then again it is worth it.

Pulling mine out of the garage and starting to use it today. Can't remember why i stopped using it. My swing is brutal and this is bringing it on plane. Can also feel the abs get a workout.
I will be doing the pivot drill, one arm drill and full swing drills on each side every day for the next week. Then I want to see the difference in my swing.

Such a great tool. I use it before every round.

do you guys have specific drills or just swinging the OW/Skillz?

Many use the ones on the OW site, I typically just work tempo and timing in my practice routine with it personally. I go from slow to as fast as I can under control while feeling the whip.

A few stretching drills to get loose. Really just like the resistance and feel it gives me.

I use it mainly for stretching, but every so often I will hit balls with it to work on timing of my transition. It is really good for me when things get out of whack.

I swing my mostly as a pre 1st tee shot warmup and stretch. I usually crush the first tee shot. I wish I could use it before every tee shot.

I now plan to use it every other day at a minimum. The smooth tempo helped a ton today.

I have had mine for about three weeks now. Due to being single dad while wife away I have not played but have tried to swing my OW everyday for 10-15 min. I can't say it's helping my game as going to play tomorrow but I like the feel when I practice with it. Especially the stretching out of my back and just going through the motions of swinging a club. I'm glad I did get it and will continue to use for warmup and just swinging everyday. Was well worth the money so far.

During those periods of time when you're not able to get to the golf course for one reason or another keep doing what you're doing and work with the OW even if it's just 5-10 min in the backyard. If you continue to do this on days you can't play, you'll be shocked at the difference the next time you hit balls!

Thanks! Yes even if the kids and I are out playing in the driveway I pull it out and swing for 5min. Overall I am very happy with this purschase. My swing feels smoother and it's a great tool to use before your round or at home when not playing. I have never owner any training devices but this one is a keeper. Was worth every penny.

Thanks for bumping this. I've recently started feeling the proper release and when I can translate this during my swing I have great results. After you bumped this thread I realized this is the exact same feeling when I swing the orange whip.
I'm heading to #staffproto in a couple of weeks and don't want to really mess with my swing but when I get back I'm definitely going to start using this at night and during the winter. Thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back