It happens to all of us.

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
I had a good round today, shooting an even par 70, course rated 69.2, slope 118. Except when playing over the winter all bundled and layered up my handicap index is pretty much low single digit.

I had a great opportunity to shoot my age again, 69, and was one under coming to 16, a hole I will par probably 90% of the time. I bogeyed it when I flat out topped my drive! I cannot remember the last time I hit a drive that bad and it has nothing to do with my memory at my age! :bulgy-eyes: Having 18 hole coverage on televised golf has taught me that bad, no horrible shots, can happen to all of us even at that level, so I just shrugged it off as one of those things.

70 is nothing to shake your head at ... great round anytime! Funny I did the exact same thing just the other day. Hadn't topped a drive since High School so I felt kind of foolish but just as you did, I shook it off and still had a putt at par.

Oak Hollow, muni in McKinney. Terrible shape right now. In fact, I am meeting the head of Parks and Recreation Monday so he can see for himself how embarrassing the city should be by its condition.

Oak Hollow, muni in McKinney. Terrible shape right now. In fact, I am meeting the head of Parks and Recreation Monday so he can see for himself how embarrassing the city should be by its condition.

Was a member at ElDorado for a few years then kids happened. One day want to join Gentle Creek.

Nice round.

Nice playing.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Had a similar event yesterday, went par, birdie, triple bogey on a screaming worn burner off the tee into the trees. I'm 64 but I don't think it is an age thing as I had that shot in the bag for decades :). Played Oak Hollow a few weeks ago and I agree, it was poor shape. Played Plantation yesterday and it was pretty great shape.

Nice round. You were trying too hard and thinking about "don't screw this up."

Was a member at ElDorado for a few years then kids happened. One day want to join Gentle Creek.

I was at Eldorado from '91 to '98, then joined the Dye Course at Stonebridge. Left there when I retired and joined Golf Club at McKinney until it closed and have been playing Oak Hollow ever since.

I was at Eldorado from '91 to '98, then joined the Dye Course at Stonebridge. Left there when I retired and joined Golf Club at McKinney until it closed and have been playing Oak Hollow ever since.

Eldorado - greens from the devil! Just evil, evil, evil.

I actually really enjoyed playing GC Mckinney the few times I played out there. Some of the holes were pretty darn cool. Too bad it went to waste.

Back