Diane

Reaction score
When my brother plays with his regular group on the weekends, all the money goes on the table to pay for drinks and lunch. When they play for bigger money in their weekly skins game - they keep it so I'm not sure who pays then. When I play with my regular group, we take turns buying drinks and lunch/dinner - whoever is happiest with their round will pay since we don't play for money. We have a larger group of women who we play with and those women all want to buy their own drinks - surprising since they're all women who work, but that's the way it is. What do you guys do? Who pays for drinks?

In our regular group, the high, net score pays for everything at the 19th hole. You lose, you better have your wallet, and plastic ready. Since we do use handicaps, one person is never stuck paying every time we go out. That said, we do have an agreement that if the same person has to pay for the third time in a row, he has the option to pay, or have the low net score of that round pay. That second scenario dose not happen very often, and yes "gamesmanship" probably does enter into it when it does happen. :clapp:

It totally depends on where I am playing and who I am playing with. If I am at my club and with guests I pick everything up. Occasionally a guest will not be comfortable with not paying something so I have them pay me directly since there is no way to pay for a guest’s items with cash or credit cards. If I am playing at my club with other members and we are eating a meal we usually get our own ticket. If it’s just drinks someone usually steps up quickly and says put it all on mine.

If I am playing a public course it totally depends on who I am playing with.

We pay for our own stuff. On the course, after the round, wherever. Although if I invite someone to my course, I'll get them a course logo ball if I think about it. I think I owe MO and Jeff on that point.

As I play mostly with my Wife and Daughter, there's not much cocktail ordering going on. We play closest to the pin on the 14th hole at our club. Winner gets to pick where we eat dinner on the way home. Seems like I always pay. You'd be surprised how many times we eat at Noodles and Co. on a Saturday. The closest to the pin really motivates my kid.

Kevin

Seems like I always pay.

Of course you do - you're the father. Even now, my father would never let me pay for anything. If I drive somewhere, he even makes me stop and get gas, which he pays for.

When my brother plays with his regular group on the weekends, all the money goes on the table to pay for drinks and lunch. When they play for bigger money in their weekly skins game - they keep it so I'm not sure who pays then. When I play with my regular group, we take turns buying drinks and lunch/dinner - whoever is happiest with their round will pay since we don't play for money. We have a larger group of women who we play with and those women all want to buy their own drinks - surprising since they're all women who work, but that's the way it is. What do you guys do? Who pays for drinks?

I don't drink, sorry no help here.

You must be very parched. A drink doesn't always mean alcohol.

I see your point, however you would have to agree that most of the time people referring to drinks after a round of golf are not talking about soda pop. I drink lots of non-alcoholic drinks when I am playing golf but I almost never go into the dining room or the bar at the club afterwards.

Typically everyone pays for their own food/drinks after the round, but if someone wants to buy me a drink, Im OK with that.

We dont play enough to have a standing routine...
When we do play, it is usually each to their own on the food and we take turns buying beer...

If I buy during the round, my buddy will buy the pitchers afterwards...
Usually we are at a status quo at the end of the day so the next round starts anew...

We usually just split the bill up evenly after, drinks or not, and whoever wins the most skins has to pitch in more. Every once in a while we do credit card roulette, where every one throws down their cards and you let the waiter pick a random one.

Generally the highest scratch score pays after our game,gives the game an edge.

We roll dice for the drinks. Each guy gets 5 dice and we play like a hand of poker. Each round the highest hand gets out of each round until only 2 guys are left. The final 2 have a best out of 3 match. It usually spreads around to everyone throughout the year.

Like buying my own....Some of the people I play with are too cheap...they go to the bathroom when their turn comes around.

Back