TW Vapor Speed Driver

Mulligan9111

Go Skers!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Time
I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but if not here goes.

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-s-vapor-speed-driver-built-for-tiger-woods-now-available

• Looks to be bonded and not adjustable
  • Smaller sized head
  • Something with the compression channel, although I'm not sure if that's solely for this club or if it's for the Vapor Speed line in general

Looks like it will be available June 1 from the Nike website, and June 15 at certain retailers.

I'm intrigued by the smaller head and whether there were actual changes made to the compression channel for this specific model. Also like that the crown has a very clean and classic appearance.

Very interesting.
Vapor_Speed_TW_Driver_SLDR_square_1600.jpg
Vapor_Speed_TW_Driver_square_1600.jpg
Vapor_Speed_TW_Driver_FACE_hd_1600.jpg

We chatted about it last night in the pondering thread.

420cc head. Bonded hosel. 10.75° loft. 1.25° open. 73g Diamana S+ shaft.

Very cool, Nike seems to be sticking to their claim of releasing the clubs the pros play.

With how he drives the ball why would anyone want anything to do with that tee game?

I like the design of the driver, very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be ordering one

I'll be ordering one

It'll probably go fast so I'd be ready at 6:59:59 haha

I like the shape very classic from the top

Sooo is it one of those, well he can't hit it straight maybe someone else can?

I love that thing!

It looks nice and clean on the top.

Look at the closed face no wonder he hooks everything left.

Per the website and noted already in the thread, it's 1.25* open. Like 99% of things in golf, that is swing related.

Per the website and noted already in the thread, it's 1.25* open. Like 99% of things in golf, that is swing related.

Ha - didn't know that I was just looking at the picture and making a funny. He does miss left a lot though

I like the shape. I've not ever hit a Nike Driver I like, but I've been really interested in this years lineup.

Very cool, Nike seems to be sticking to their claim of releasing the clubs the pros play.

I dont get it. TaylorMade releases a secondary color and gets reamed out for it.

Nike does it and does so in a non-adjustable head, and its a good thing?

I dont get it. TaylorMade releases a secondary color and gets reamed out for it.

Isn't it a different design in general? Not just a different color. If they just removed the adjustability and the volt swoosh than if would become less cool.

And I don't care either way about TM releasing a black club.

How does this make any sense??

I like the looks of the driver. I wont be buying it but would love to give it a swing.

Is it true that this club has that new proprietary "miss every fairway" technology?

Speaking only for myself, there's perception issue. I believe taylormade is struggling and the black Aeroburner is a desperate attempt to fabricate interest.

I perceive that Nike is "killing it" with the Vapor line and this is just an extension of an already successful launch.

I know that is not all true.

Speaking only for myself, there's perception issue. I believe taylormade is struggling and the black Aeroburner is a desperate attempt to fabricate interest.

I perceive that Nike is "killing it" with the Vapor line and this is just an extension of an already successful launch.

I know that is not all true.

Are they really killing it? I haven't noticed that many of them in the real world. I have no idea how they have sold.

Are they really killing it? I haven't noticed that many of them in the real world. I have no idea how they have sold.
That's my perception because I like the line better. like I said, I know it's not true. But my irrational snap judgement is that Taylormade is desperate, Nike is having a better 2015 in hard goods.

Back