• Wilson FG Tour V6

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Taylormade PSI Tour

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Bridgestone JGR

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have Callaway XR OS irons. They are amazing. Might be a little clunky looking for you. They make an XR Tour I believe that is smaller.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have hit these, and like them, but I think I want to stick with a forged iron.

I have hit these, and like them, but I think I want to stick with a forged iron.
I've heard tons of great things about Mizuno's lineup as well.

I've heard tons of great things about Mizuno's lineup as well.

I will have to check them out as well. I liked the feel of the Proto 770's but I'm not dishing out $1,500 for them

I'd go V6 all day. I love the small profile combined with ease of launch throughout the set.
Apex Pro 16 would be my second choice since I loved the high spin rates they gave me.

Im one of the few who wasn't blown away with the 765. I thought it performed smaller than it looked if that makes sense? Just my opinion obviously.

I'd go V6 all day. I love the small profile combined with ease of launch throughout the set.
Apex Pro 16 would be my second choice since I loved the high spin rates they gave me.

Im one of the few who wasn't blown away with the 765. I thought it performed smaller than it looked if that makes sense? Just my opinion obviously.

Just something about those v6's!

Ive hit them all and Im going to go with V6 followed by AP2 and Apex Pro 16 rounding out the Top 3 from that list. Are the JGR you considering the new JGR CB's?

Ive hit them all and Im going to go with V6 followed by AP2 and Apex Pro 16 rounding out the Top 3 from that list. Are the JGR you considering the new JGR CB's?

JGR CB's would be the Bridgestone offering I'm considering.
But to tell you the truth it's looking like
Wilson FG Tours
Callaway Apex Pro
Titleist offering.

I'll be able to hit the Callaways and the Titleist's tomorrow.

I haven't hit an AP2 since the 712's lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I ended up hitting the AP2's, CB's, Apex Pro16 and the Mizuno JPX Tours last night at Golftec.

The AP2's felt pretty nice, but it was hard to get a really good feel because the stupid set up on the Titleist demo clubs, the heads kept on coming loose.

The Apex Pro16 was nice but with the number of recommendations for them from the site/thread I had huge expectations and wasn't really blown away.

The Mizuno's were a nice looking club, I didn't hit them nearly as pure as the others, and found my miss-hits to be more punishing.

I have no way of trying out the JGR's locally so I might just have to throw them out of the picture unless I can find some good reviews somewhere.

Which leaves the V6's have heard nothing but amazing things regarding these, I hit the V4's well and heard the V6's are even better. I unfortunately can't hit these either being up here in Canada.

I did however hit the Taylormade Proto 770's yesterday and absolutely loved them. Unfortunately the $1,600 price tags leave not much to be desired right now

So I guess I have to figure out what to do now.

Looks like my Wilson guy might be falling through, so if I'm gonna be spending $1,000+ I may take a few more clubs into consideration.

The Taylormade Proto 770's are high on my list now.
The Titleist/Callaway offerings are sliding down my list as they will be putting new irons out in the next 6 months or so
Lot of talk about the Srixon irons, maybe I will give them a twrill.
Am I missing anything else?

Thanks!

I currently play and older model Titleist 690 CB and love them, but voted for the AP2 as this is my next planned set of irons. I have hit the AP2 a few times and they are more forgiving than my CBs, not much difference in the well struck shot. I've had my CBs since they came out in 02 and have tried other irons but nothing made me want to change until I tried the AP2s.

They only thing holding me back is I plan on doing a fitting to make sure I get the proper shafts

Please see my signature. Just buy those.

I currently play and older model Titleist 690 CB and love them, but voted for the AP2 as this is my next planned set of irons. I have hit the AP2 a few times and they are more forgiving than my CBs, not much difference in the well struck shot. I've had my CBs since they came out in 02 and have tried other irons but nothing made me want to change until I tried the AP2s.

They only thing holding me back is I plan on doing a fitting to make sure I get the proper shafts

Yeah I like the Cb and the AP@, I just don't want to spend that amount of money and in 6 months there's a newer model out. That's my only issue.

Please see my signature. Just buy those.

They're on the top of my list at this point. I just want to make sure I cross everything off my list before making a decision

Yeah I like the Cb and the AP@, I just don't want to spend that amount of money and in 6 months there's a newer model out. That's my only issue.

I understand, but if AP2 is the right club for you buy them on 3balls.com as used in like new or awesome condition. I have purchased from them in the past and their like new is new, the wedge I got still had the plastic on the head and grip and the awesome one was just missing the plastic. You can save about half when they run the 25% off special.

Of those listed, I'm definitely going FG Tour V6. Absolutely sweet irons, and the long irons are very easy to launch for their profile.

If I were you I'd try the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged as well. They look and feel really good but have a good bit of forgiveness on tap.

I would take the Callaway Apex Pro 16 the previous model were some of the best irons I've ever hit. I have been contemplating getting the 2016 models just haven't pulled the trigger. Great set the 716 Titleist CB's are one of the best feeling irons I've hit I just don't have the game for the longer irons in that set. The selection that you put in the poll that intrigues me and I would like to give a demo are the new Bridgestone JGR forged irons good looking irons and Bridgestone makes some of the best forgings in golf IMO. Good list probably can't go wrong with any of them except I've never been a fan of Taylormade irons.

I would take the Callaway Apex Pro 16 the previous model were some of the best irons I've ever hit. I have been contemplating getting the 2016 models just haven't pulled the trigger. Great set the 716 Titleist CB's are one of the best feeling irons I've hit I just don't have the game for the longer irons in that set. The selection that you put in the poll that intrigues me and I would like to give a demo are the new Bridgestone JGR forged irons good looking irons and Bridgestone makes some of the best forgings in golf IMO. Good list probably can't go wrong with any of them except I've never been a fan of Taylormade irons.

Yeah that's my one worry with the CB's is the long clubs. One reason I might go with the AP2's instead. The Bridgestone JGR are on my mind, they have that classic forged club look. Not sure if I love them or not, plus I have never hit a Bridgestone iron.

The Wilson V6 is the top of my list based on what i have heard and how the V4's felt. I'd just like to hear back from my Wilson guy so I can get a good deal on them lol

I Need Your Opinion!

Yeah that's my one worry with the CB's is the long clubs. One reason I might go with the AP2's instead. The Bridgestone JGR are on my mind, they have that classic forged club look. Not sure if I love them or not, plus I have never hit a Bridgestone iron.

The Wilson V6 is the top of my list based on what i have heard and how the V4's felt. I'd just like to hear back from my Wilson guy so I can get a good deal on them lol

The long irons are extremely easy to hit in the 716's . (Compared to other similar profiles)

The tungsten weighting is awesome .

The long irons are extremely easy to hit in the 716's . (Compared to other similar profiles)

The tungsten weighting is awesome .

AP2's more than the CB's??

So this is what it has come down to.

Taylormade 770's 4-P
Titleist AP2 3-P
Titleist CB's 3-P

All feel the same to me, maybe the Taylormades a bit ahead, but I get the extra club with the Titleists.

Which way would you go!?

Thanks!

I Need Your Opinion!

AP2's more than the CB's??

Missed this earlier . The leading edge is more relieved on the CB than even the AP2 so I think the CB are less likely to dig. However the sweet spot may be slightly smaller .

Missed this earlier . The leading edge is more relieved on the CB than even the AP2 so I would say yes .

Sorry I'm illiterate. So the AP2's are easier to get up then the CB's?

So this is what it has come down to.

Taylormade 770's 4-P
Titleist AP2 3-P
Titleist CB's 3-P

All feel the same to me, maybe the Taylormades a bit ahead, but I get the extra club with the Titleists.

Which way would you go!?

Thanks!
If those are the choices I'd go 770s just because they are new lol.

There's no wrong choice there dude.

This is a tough question for anyone but you to answer. I personally think the P-770's are sweet but I'm a Taylormade guy. You should go with what your gut tells you.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back