Goodbye Old Friend

BradMorris

They Make It Look So Easy
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks Donovan Golf Course. You gave me the best days of my golfing life. Back when I'd be so excited about playing with my ever patient uncles that I'd get there at 5:00 AM for a 7 O'Clock tee time. Or, I'd trod around the gentle hills and valleys in the evening until I could no longer see my ball and would have to try to find it based on the feel of how I hit it (which I got pretty good at). You are the final resting place of just a touch my beloved Uncle's Ashes, as he loved the game more than anybody who shoots 100 ever should. There is no single place on the planet that played a greater part of my early twenties and thirties than your fairways, greens, trees and rough. None. You were my heaven, my solitude, the origins of everything I know and love about the greatest game ever devised. But now you are returning to the earth. The old trees now lay where they fall, and the only reminder of your wonderful little greens are plots thick with dandelions as the grass has been removed to be shared with the other courses around town. They say you were too short, or just not in the right location, but you were always a challenge to me, and sitting nestled just off one of the busiest avenues, you were never more than 10 or 15 minutes away from just about any point in town. But the decision was made, and the time has come to let you go. RIP my old friend.

#10 Donovan Golf Course, Peoria, Il

yW7WkxR.jpg

NFek2r2.jpg

That's a nice send off, although sad it has to go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A melancholy happy trails to your course.

Sorry when any course goes but glad you have such great memories

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Back