Odyssey Works "Big T" V-Line CS Putter - THP Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm seeing through pre-orders from Golfsmith, the 3.0 isn't stock, it's an option. Same as the works line. $179.99 standard and $199.99 with the 3.0.

From what I'm seeing through pre-orders from Golfsmith, the 3.0 isn't stock, it's an option. Same as the works line. $179.99 standard and $199.99 with the 3.0.

Just going off the info I was given. Definitely possible since they did that with the Works lineup and this line is considered a continuation of that.

Just going off the info I was given. Definitely possible since they did that with the Work lineup.

FWIW I thought they were all coming stock with 3.0's as well until I saw that. Unless it's a mistake on Golfsmith's part, which is also possible.

That's more of what I expected originally

That #5 will be mine eventually. So much I like about the look of that putter

Since I've finished the homepage review, I finally extended this one to 36" tonight, went with a SS Flatso 2.0 in red/white/black as well. I'm quite excited to get back out, much more comfortable putting now as I'm not crouched bc of the short 34" length.

Yep, one of these will replace my current Works V-Line. Blade, and both V-Line models are possible.

I was thinking of the SS square grip, but the 2.0 Flatso is an intriguing choice as well.

YESSSS!!

197d5c570056b8cafa4c40d804a533bc.jpg

78585876d53ffed482f33d15d2d7354f.jpg

That V-Line is nice, but I think I still prefer my Versa 90 V-Line's paint scheme.
Fusion RX insert is a nice plus though.

That V-Line is nice, but I think I still prefer my Versa 90 V-Line's paint scheme.
Fusion RX insert is a nice plus though.
I'm not a fan of the versa versions, mainly because the finish was always just off to me up close, quality has improved here immensely. And the T really does work.

I'm not a fan of the versa versions, mainly because the finish was always just off to me up close, quality has improved here immensely. And the T really does work.
The quality of the actual paint job has improved? Or the actual black finish?
Either way, that's some good info!

The quality of the actual paint job has improved? Or the actual black finish?
Either way, that's some good info!
The striped section, on the versa releases it's always looked off to me and I've never shied away from my thoughts on that. Here though, moving to he pearlescent white and just what really looks like a better application looks soooo much better. Plus, in the sunlight the pearl look just increases the contrast.

I really need to try that Flatso 2.0 out. But it looks great as a combo on that putter. Might see if I can do some trades and pick one up next week!

I don't intend to be a copycat, but that setup is a distinct possibility; leaning towards the SS squared, though.

Streelman is using the Big-T blade at the memorial. Doesn't look half bad honestly. I probably couldn't game it, but it doesn't look terrible

That #5 is calling my name…

Had the local golf galaxy reserve a #5 for me when they come in. Hoping to do the trade in for it next Friday

Should NOT have waited to extend to my fit length, wow what a difference at 36", made it more enjoyable even though it has been already. Not crouched anymore at 34".

Streelman has the Big T Blade in play at the Memorial.

Streelman has the Big T Blade in play at the Memorial.

Now that's pretty damn cool. I'm looking forward to rolling this one on Friday when it's released unless I get lucky and get an opportunity to do so sooner.

FWIW, and I know for some it's not worth much, this one is staying in my bag. I waited until I finished the review but actually ran and got a new SS grip for it so I can extend it finally this weekend.

The alignment works, and the finish is a ton better than when the versa schemes first rolled out. A ton.

It really doesn't surprise me to see this post buddy. It seems like the kind of putter that would frame the ball extremely well for you, from the setup to the center shaft to the alignment aid.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the Flatso.

It really doesn't surprise me to see this post buddy. It seems like the kind of putter that would frame the ball extremely well for you, from the setup to the center shaft to the alignment aid.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the Flatso.
You called it a long time ago.

Love the flatso, hard edges are a good thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back