williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
I asked this in another thread but it was a little misplaced so I figured I would let it stand alone here. I recently bought new irons but have to have the shafts replaced. Anyone have any idea how much I should budget to have shafts pulled from one set of irons and placed in another set? Thank you.

I'm sure the prices varies somewhat for this, list a lot of other club services I have seen, but I would think about $10 per club should be a good, fair ballpark.

It's been awhile since I've had DSG replace a shaft, but IIRC, they charged $17 per shaft. It's too much, but that might serve as a barometer of what to expect elsewhere.

I'm sure the prices varies somewhat for this, list a lot of other club services I have seen, but I would think about $10 per club should be a good, fair ballpark.

It's been awhile since I've had DSG replace a shaft, but IIRC, they charged $17 per shaft. It's too much, but that might serve as a barometer of what to expect elsewhere.

I think you are looking closer to the $17 mark or even higher, depending on if the shop includes the grip replacement in the shaft fee or not. It could be upwards of $20 per shaft and that is not worth it at all.

You can spend a quarter of that money on the materials to do your own club work, and it's a fair bit of fun in the process.

Average I have seen is $15 per shaft. But if you ask to have them swing weighted it typically jumps up to more like $30 per club.

ETA - And neither price includes a grip.

I didnt even think of the grips. Will they definitely be ruined during the reshaft process?

I didnt even think of the grips. Will they definitely be ruined during the reshaft process?

If you are happy with the current shaft lengths they will be fine. I just don't think a builder can/will guarantee exact playing lengths that way, but it should be close enough that you wouldn't notice anything.

Back