I'm not entirely sure I could game one. It just looks odd. But I'd definitely have one on display, because it is quite the 'discussion' piece.

~Rock

What the heck kind of wood is in that shaft for it to cost $400? Did they cut down cancer curing mystery trees deep in the Amazon jungle?

Yikes, that seems way to high for that putter.

To play deva advocate, what makes the Scotty Cameron or Bettinardis of the world okay at that price? Certain steel?

This is not something for me, but I think that THP tv spot we did on putter pricing kind of rings true here.

That is something that if I was to ever see it in a store (although that is never likely to happen) I would have to pick it up just out of curiosity, so maybe the outlandish design is also a clever marketing strategy to catch peoples eye

As for the sound, will that be consistent regardless of the ball used?

To play deva advocate, what makes the Scotty Cameron or Bettinardis of the world okay at that price? Certain steel?

This is not something for me, but I think that THP tv spot we did on putter pricing kind of rings true here.
I get it. For some it may be worth that. But I wouldn't pay that for either of them.

I think to your point JB you don't need to drop $300+ to have a great putter. Cleveland with their Huntington Beach series is really proving that already. Plus not for nothing, my girlfriend who barely plays golf anymore tied me straight up on 9 holes the other day. As the age old saying goes, "It's the Indian, not the arrow".

As for the sound, will that be consistent regardless of the ball used?

maybe you can play a tune using different kind of balls if they give you a different note

It looks like a Ping 1-A with the toe section cut off.

Interesting looking putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks similar to the original Ping putter. I think that's how Ping actually got it's name, from the sound the putter made when struck. Sorry if this was mentioned. Skim alert.

Huh. Well that's....interesting. A wood shaft and grip are interesting choices. I'll not be lining up to buy one though.

I worry about the sole... looks like zero camber from that photo, meaning I would have to hover, still would be interested to give it a try

Not exactly my cup of tea, but if it works and makes people happy, go for it.

My initial thought when seeing the picture was "tuning fork on a stick". It didn't help having the musical score as the face milling.

Lots of different styles out there. I haven't seen one like this before. Hope they send on to THP to review.

Ugliest putter I've seen in years. Good lord.

Music to my e.....nope

Back