dynamig gold step inconsistency

cruuk

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All.

I have built a few clubs of my own so not completely new to it. For my current project I have a full set of dynamic gold x100 parallel tip shafts. If i line them all up to a straight edge from the tips, the steps to not line up perfectly. I found a drawing showing distance from tip to first step is supposed to be 10.125 inches and I have some 1/8" more and 1/8" less. Seems to me this could have an undesired effect on flex consistency.

Is this nothing to worry about or should I tip trim them all to match exactly before making my length trims?

Hi All.

I have built a few clubs of my own so not completely new to it. For my current project I have a full set of dynamic gold x100 parallel tip shafts. If i line them all up to a straight edge from the tips, the steps to not line up perfectly. I found a drawing showing distance from tip to first step is supposed to be 10.125 inches and I have some 1/8" more and 1/8" less. Seems to me this could have an undesired effect on flex consistency.

Is this nothing to worry about or should I tip trim them all to match exactly before making my length trims?

Effect on flex will be minimal at the length of 1/8", that might be the manufacturing tolerances. Tip trimming all to the shortest length will stiffen, if anything, so if that is a concern, don't do it.

Hi All.

That is within our step location tolerance. If you wanted to be exacting you could tip trim to the exact matching length before hand but 1/8" on the step location will have a minimal effect on your performance.

DB

Back