Pre RR help [emoji6]

Kevin Coleman

Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie, I found this slo-mo video of my tee shot that my bro-in-law took and wanted to pick your brain before we meet on the battlefield.

Things that stand out:
1. Angle not perfectly aligned with my feet...
2. I am dipping well past parallel as I initiate my downswing
3. I remember that this shot was one of my normal low hook misses. The other being a push
4. I always tend to get up on my toes at impact I think my body thinks I'm putting more power on the ball, idk if this is a major concern or not, just comparing against pros that don't

Normally I hit a pretty straight ball. That being said, I do experience the miss listed above and the occasional phantom slice. Just wanted to see if anything stood out to you that I can easily correct before June. Thanks in advance for the help!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that swing is garbage. you should start playing lefty. go team east!

That's a good looking swing Kev!

Well if you know all the things you listed why do you need my advice. Stop doing what you listed and you will be fine. (This what I think when people list what they are doing wrong :D )

You have good width on the back swing. Your setup seems solid. Your down swing is started with the left hip. The full extension at impact is solid.

The issues come from the extra length in the back swing. Your swing is done once the left shoulder arrives at the chin. Anything more and you are asking for a timing swing vs a golf swing. You're also asking for a lateral move left vs a turn. You have both an extended back swing and a lateral move on the down swing.

The lateral move left is causing you to crowd the down swing. This accounts for the two way miss. You have no room to operate and swing. Shorten that back swing, keep your weight over the right leg and turn the left him to start the down swing without the lateral move left.

Here's the video for everyone to look at:

Here's the video for everyone to look at:

Did it not work when I tried to upload it? Working through tapatalk...

Did it not work when I tried to upload it? Working through tapatalk...

It worked fine, I was able to view it just fine.

Back