Srixon Z 945 Review

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
First, a disclaimer: these irons are not available as a USA release. However, it is my sincere hope that in the future, the dangerously sharp dressed cousin of the ever popular Z545 and the Z745 iron sets will be.
3f461531266cc6cd5da31936046a1dc9.jpg

Quite simply, I don't know if I have ever gamed an iron that had lines as clean as the Z945. If you are a purist, or have gamed blades in the past, you need to find a way to hit these. Even if it means flying to Japan. They are that good. From turf interaction, to repeatable distances, to feel and workability, these are in their own category for this golfer. The "V" sole is the same as the 545 and the 745, albeit in a smaller package. This means the same amazing turf action is available with the 945.
694e622fd1197d10e9584c5325e5b852.jpg

Having hit each iron in the current Z family from Srixon, I can honestly say there is something for everyone. The Z945 isn't for all golfers, yet better ball strikers will be impressed (read "blown away") by both the feel and forgiveness. As with the other two sets, the smaller profile hides much more forgiveness than expected, specifically towards the toe for this golfer.
03a435a006a5283f04b9b6e8ce726ca4.jpg

As you can see, the tight, sharp lines and negligible offset won't be for all abilities, but those in the market for blades will fall in love immediately.
6c35f988bb7b761871e205b8dfb0b9f2.jpg

I will have much more to say about these in the next few days. Enjoy the pics! Cleveland/Srixon needs to get these in the U.S.
0c7669fc5b77fdfb520ffbc5ec865955.jpg
c1a3eb9950672ddaf4ddc68c7caac80a.jpg

aa22f5860bb7c6c17863d78a128bbb30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One Word. Wow. These are GORGEOUS

Man those are pretty looking MB's. Can't wait to read your feedback!

Glad to see you took the wrappers off!

Man, this is a nice looking iron set. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on these.

So awesome looking. If only I didn't suck.

Glad to see you took the wrappers off!

Man, this is a nice looking iron set. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on these.

I couldn't resist. And they absolutely perform to match the looks.

Amazing. With all due respect to these irons, they are the second most beautiful set of blades I've laid eyes on.

Good gracious those are gorgeous. Interesting about the forgiveness.

Srixon Z 945 Review

Good gracious those are gorgeous. Interesting about the forgiveness.

Very comparable to the 745. Within reason of course. Much more so than I anticipated. Not as forgiving but more than I expected and not extremely far from the 745.

Holy shat those look amazing

Srixon Z 945 Review

Now that set just screams BOSS!! Only the cool bearded one can pull these off. Looking forward to your thoughts on these.

:drool: Wow, those are nice. I want to hear your thoughts but feel free to post more pics.

Great pics OP, every review should have a pic of the club at address with a ball so you can get an idea of blade length. Sadly I don't have the iron game for these.

those things are absolutely gorgeous. the lines are awesome. definitely out of my league but i am enjoying looking at the pics. looking forward to more updates from you.

These irons make me want to get better. Gorgeous

Holy cow those things are pretty!

So how many months did it take to make the maiden voyage? Man they are gorgeous! I'm literally drooling

Wow! Another great looking blade in 2015! I would love to take a "closer look".

The workmanship on those irons are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Did you order those directily from Japan?

So how many months did it take to make the maiden voyage? Man they are gorgeous! I'm literally drooling

Much longer than I had hoped haha! Point is they got out there!

The workmanship on those irons are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Did you order those directily from Japan?

Yes. With a serious assist from kc720 - my man Kang

One more from my WITB
d783a77aa1a838d8f193f1956679d9c0.jpg

I now regret even more that my miss is thin or hit it off the toe.

Oh my Lord!!! Gorgeous! Queen of the Prom for sure!!!!

Back