Worth getting irons adjusted?

Mine are +1.5

Found out my 9, PW and 50° were all 1° weak so I'm glad I brought them in!

Found out my 9, PW and 50° were all 1° weak so I'm glad I brought them in!

you really want to test every iron on the lie board. it's not a given that the adjustment to the 7i will be the same adjustment necessary for every iron.

i ended up going 2* weak and 0.5* flat on my 565s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you really want to test every iron on the lie board. it's not a given that the adjustment to the 7i will be the same adjustment necessary for every iron.

i ended up going 2* weak and 0.5* flat on my 565s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crappy thing about that place is the only have one hitting stall which apparently they give lessons in. Since someone was there for a lesson I couldn't even try them out after getting bent. I'm going to give them a go and if they're not working out I'll be right back down there getting them adjusted again!

I have would them done as well.

I definitely would and don't just have your lie checked with 1 iron. My fitting at #ShaftUp put me in standard lie on my wedges, 1* up in mid irons, and 2* up on the long irons. I've also heard Nate mention that on The Fitting Room podcast and I'm definitely a believer in it now.

Yes, always have new irons adjusted/fitted to you. I started using some new irons recently, Wilson Staff C200 KBS Tour 90 steel shafted irons. First 4 rounds most of my iron shots were 10-15 degrees off to the left. Noticed the divots were heel heavy during the last round. Took them to Golf Galaxy and went through the iron fitting routine and found them to be 2 degrees too upright. Adjusted them 2 degrees flat and went the next day to give em a go. All iron shots were now going straight to the target. Now that doesn't mean going straight to the pin, the shots were going straight to the target. :golf: Sometimes my aim was off. 2 degrees. Doesn't seem like it would matter but it sure did. Always have a new set of irons fitted to you.

Have them done and don't worry. Impact rarely changes even with changes to your swing. The relationship between your height and wrist to floor as well as club length determines as much as any other factor what your impact position will look like and whether you may need clubs bent.
Direction can be an indicator BUT I have seen enough weird things that I don't believe in shot shape as a sole indicator or even a reliable indicator. In every case the Lie Board does not lie.....

Have them done and don't worry. Impact rarely changes even with changes to your swing. The relationship between your height and wrist to floor as well as club length determines as much as any other factor what your impact position will look like and whether you may need clubs bent.
Direction can be an indicator BUT I have seen enough weird things that I don't believe in shot shape as a sole indicator or even a reliable indicator. In every case the Lie Board does not lie.....

Yeah they're done, but as luck would have it I probably won't be able to hit them until next week. Once all my household goods get delivered next week I'm going to go back to Aloha Golf Center to try each iron just to make sure and if adjustments have to be made so be it. The fitting board was accurate though as I notice hitting mat residue more on the toe of each of my irons the last time I was at the range so I'm inclined to believe 2* up will work out well. We shall see!

I have all my clubs bent 2* upright and looking at the specs for your set it looks like they are already flat compared to most manufacturer's lie angles. I think you're gonna enjoy your set even more so. I've always felt a too flat club is the worst spec you can play with.

I have all my clubs bent 2* upright and looking at the specs for your set it looks like they are already flat compared to most manufacturer's lie angles. I think you're gonna enjoy your set even more so. I've always felt a too flat club is the worst spec you can play with.

I was reading about how much 'standard' lie angles vary depending on the manufacturer, but I hadn't looked any other sets up. I know it's a small change but I'm looking forward to hitting them!

It costs me $30 or so to get my irons and wedges bent. Seems like a small investment so I say its worth it. If you have to change it later, its a small price.

~Rock

Back