Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Registered to qualify for the Illinois Open. Anyone else out there giving it a go? No shorts is kind of lame. But oh well. I need to find myself a caddy and get my game in order. 26 days till the round!

So this gives a better view of who's going to be at the demo day.... Usually some have the trackman with them. Pro Circle Spring Grove.

96bd1f9a282bf4ce28bda0c9f83ea511.jpg

had my longest hole-out this morning! 70 yard wedge to an elevated green so unfortunately I didn't see it go in. Also had a good lesson and the swing is starting to feel pretty good. Finally getting to work on a real full swing instead of the half to 3/4 one I've been using just so I could play. Hopefully that means some better golf is right around the corner.

Registered to qualify for the Illinois Open. Anyone else out there giving it a go? No shorts is kind of lame. But oh well. I need to find myself a caddy and get my game in order. 26 days till the round!

Where is the qualifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's supposed to be a pretty good course, I almost played it last year but it didn't work out.

It's supposed to be a pretty good course, I almost played it last year but it didn't work out.

Here's hoping I can keep it in the fairway off the tee and make a few putts!!

I wanna make putts....not make people chuckle....

I guarantee no one will be making any putts after that first sound. It's called gamesmanship!

Better fix Callaway before they see it!

3 weeks until The Bull!

3 weeks until The Bull!
Are a bunch of you guys going? I must have missed this... Sheboygan, what I nice area of the world for a golfer.

Yeah, me, my dad, Rambler and my brother bought the 50/50 club membership late last year. We're going to try and get in 2 rounds on the 27th.

Are a bunch of you guys going? I must have missed this... Sheboygan, what I nice area of the world for a golfer.

Yeah, me, my dad, Rambler and my brother bought the 50/50 club membership late last year. We're going to try and get in 2 rounds on the 27th.

Very cool! Have fun, I hear that course is a beast. Have not played it yet.

Yeah it's great. We took a fall trip up there a few years back. Well worth the drive!

Very cool! Have fun, I hear that course is a beast. Have not played it yet.

Playing Orchard Valley in Aurora tomorrow. Haven't been in a few years. Should be an interesting round.

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Wave as you putt on 14. My house is just down the street.
And let me know what you think of Orchard!!

Playing Orchard Valley in Aurora tomorrow. Haven't been in a few years. Should be an interesting round.

I like that course a lot. Houses are a bit of a danger there though... :p

I will let you know. From the road it looks like it's in good condition. I'm a bit worried about the residential areas, I had better bring my insurance card or get a very fast cart. The biggest issue I have with Orchard is the cost for a non resident. I'm a bit cheap ;)

Well finally got done playing Orchard Valley. My tee time was at 12:30..... I walked off the 18th green at 6:00 pm..... The course is in really good shape. They packed the course which made it a bit difficult. There are some driveable holes that I didn't play to their full potential to keep things moving. The practice green is nothing like the actual greens. Over all I had a great time and really liked the course. I shot a 90, 43-47. Got a bit lazy the last few holes while waiting on people. I would definitely play it again.

Slow play on the weekend is par for the course (forgive the pun) at Orchard Valley. The practice green was just resodded a couple of weeks ago so I'm not surprised that it was different. Weekday play is faster.

Stay safe today guys.... Crazy storms coming....
b1b2e9358f7b331d90ca0bd75237fb3a.jpg

Got out and played with Byron, Byron's friend and Sassan yesterday. Had to dodge some rain drops for a bit, but we still had a blast!

Back