What are you reading?

Have you read Miracle at Merion? That's a really good one too.
Just finished that book. Wasn't bad. Could've been shorter I felt....

Tap it in.....

Last book in Game of Thrones series. Simply awesome

I just finished a marathon read of the Game of Thrones ... all 5 in a row ... glad to be done!

Moving on to Blind Mans Bluff ... turns out one of my golf buddies was a Navy diver and part of the Ivy Bells operation.

As soon as I can find some time I'm going to start reading "A Covert Affair: Julia Child and Paul Child in the OSS."

The book is a bit mis-named, as it is really about a friend the Childs made early in their OSS career who ultimately became embroiled in the McCarthy era anti-communist actions (was she a Soviet spy or wasn't she?).

Parade's End. Didn't realize it was so long though.

Dead Solid Perfect- by Dan Jenkins.
That is one funny golf book! Maybe a few things in it that would be really improper nowadays. But really entertaining book.

downloaded a sample of The Match. Looking forward to seeing how I like it. If I do, I will buy it.

Did you get a chance to read it?

Currently reading The Legend of Bagger Vance by Steven Pressfield.

What are you reading?

As soon as I can find some time I'm going to start reading "A Covert Affair: Julia Child and Paul Child in the OSS."

I finished the book over the weekend. It was good, though it may especially appeal to those who are fans of Julia Child or are especially interested in history and politics. The book examines the origins of the OSS (CIA), WWII Imperialism in Asia and it's impact on Cold War policies and McCarthyism, all through the eyes of the Childs and their OSS peers / friends who served in Asia during the war (and in particular Jane Foster, who is accused of being a Soviet spy). It was mostly a good read., mitigated a bit by the author's obvious bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a diversion from MBA textbooks, reading back through Harry Potter on my Kindle since nobody can see and make fun of me for reading Harry Potter haha

As a diversion from MBA textbooks, reading back through Harry Potter on my Kindle since nobody can see and make fun of me for reading Harry Potter haha

No fun-making here brother, I'm almost 40 and I loved those books, both on my own and reading them with my kids.

I just finished reading a few of the new Star Wars books, "Lords of the Sith" and "Heir to the Jedi". I wasn't too impressed.

I also read BJ Novak's new book "One More Thing" which is a collection of short stories, many of which were quite funny. Not a bad debut from Ryan the Intern on The Office, if you like Vonnegut's short stories you may see a lot of similarities in BJ's stuff.

Just finished reading "The Phoenix Project". Pretty entertaining fictional book if you have any interest in IT or business.

A Difficult Par: Robert Trent Jones and the Making of Modern Golf.

That definitely sounds interesting, how is it.

It's good so far. It's basically a biography of RTJ. I didn't realize he started out by Stanley Thompson essentially taking him in and making him a partner to head up all the US courses while Stan did most of the Canadian projects.

Lots of emphasis on design and how it evolved, with RTJ taking the lead on a lot of things so I'm finding it pretty interesting.

Sitting on the beach today, I read halfway thru The Lion, Nelson Demille. Fantastic series

One Man's Wilderness: An Alaskan Odyssey - by Richard Proenneke

A biography of Joseph Haydn.
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to my kids.

The Kite Runner. Really makes you look at Afghanistan differently...and hate the Taliban even more.

The Kite Runner. Really makes you look at Afghanistan differently...and hate the Taliban even more.
I had to read that in college...it was a much better book than I would have anticipated

The Partner by Grisham

Back