Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

Loved the episode, but man that left a ton of questions.

And yes, white walkers are officially scary.

and only 2 episodes to go, so much left to do

Great episode!

So...Jon Snow's sword can kill white walkers. That was awesome.

White walker on the dock was like...what you got? Come get some.

So much left to happen! I want more!

Loved the episode, but man that left a ton of questions.

And yes, white walkers are officially scary.

The white walkers had me on the edge of my seat last night - definitely scary.

If this episode was any indication, the last two episodes are going to be pretty intense.

So only two more episodes left in the season and not the series correct?

Well, we just went way beyond the books. When Georgie RR finally sharpens his pencil will he follow his own plot line or HBO's?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well, we just went way beyond the books. When Georgie RR finally sharpens his pencil will he follow his own plot line or HBO's?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Reportedly he gave HBO the plot line, but personally I'd love to see him throw a curve in the books to keep me more I to them bc of the differences, but that's just me haha

Well, those that were wanting more action finally got some in episode 8. Damn, did they ever.

- And just like that the Wildlings are reduced to the thousands that got into the boats. The White Walkers aren't messing around anymore. Took me awhile to get to bed last night. What a ride for 20 minutes.

- Tyrion has got his groove back!! Fascinating scene between Tyrion and Daenerys. Tyrion is exactly what she needs and another key piece to her chess set.

- This little punk boy Olly is going to be a problem me thinks. Damn it, he's going to be a problem isn't he.............F&#%!!!

- Jorah, how many times must you hear that it's OVER!! How many times must the puppy dog get kicked around? Slave again? Poor Jorah.

- Oh, Hi Arya! Now let's start killing some peeps.

Can someone tel me the significance of why Tyrion's capture is such a big deal with Daenerys? I seem to have missed a plot line somewhere.

Can someone tel me the significance of why Tyrion's capture is such a big deal with Daenerys? I seem to have missed a plot line somewhere.

Other than the fact his family (brother) killed her father? Having a Lannister "captured" would be very appealing to her.

Reportedly he gave HBO the plot line, but personally I'd love to see him throw a curve in the books to keep me more I to them bc of the differences, but that's just me haha

In the "behind the scenes" after the episode, they explained that in the books that was mentioned, but Snow wasn't there and it wasn't portrayed like that. They thought it was a key moment/battle where they could present something different that the books didn't elaborate on.

Other than the fact his family (brother) killed her father? Having a Lannister "captured" would be very appealing to her.

Was her father the Mad King? And which Targereon was the one that recently died as a member of the Night's Watch?

This is the first GoT episode in a long, long time that I'll re-watch. Red Wedding was probably the last one.

I'm way behind in the books, and I have no clue if there is a connection, but it seems obvious to me that the white walkers could be disposed of through dragons. Fire seems to do the trick...

That was awesome. Just awesome.

Tyrion talking to Daenerys gave me the biggest thrill though. Even though the battle was awesome.

Was her father the Mad King? And which Targereon was the one that recently died as a member of the Night's Watch?

Correct. He was King before Robert took it over. Aemon was the Targereon, son of one of the older Targereon Kings, never was on the iron Throne.

This was awesome too. And what the hell is the giant gonna do? Swim back to the wall? He just walked in the water like he's gonna climb on a boat.

game-of-thrones-giant-3.0.gif

Wun Wun as a white walker would scare me, I mean he already scares me now but that's a whole different level. They better not get to him!

CGYXzZtWQAEzd_z.jpg

At the end of the episode I just kept thinking....PADDLE FASTER!

This was a great episode. The show has deviated from the book so much though, its hardly the same story at all. Enjoying both a ton though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

At the end of the episode I just kept thinking....PADDLE FASTER!

Yep. Haha. My wife was just yelling at the TV, "why are you just floating there, you have paddles."...

Seeing as Valyrian steel might become important fighting the White Walkers, here is an update of the Valyrian steel weapons in Westeros that I saw somewhere and figured I'd share:

Heartsbane - the ancestral two-handed greatsword of House Tarly, currently in the possession of Lord Randyll Tarly.

Lady Forlorn - the ancestral sword of House Corbray, currently in the possession of Ser Lyn Corbray.

Longclaw - the ancestral Valyrian steel bastard sword of House Mormont. Currently in the possession of Jon Snow.

Nightfall - the ancestral blade of House Harlaw and currently wielded by Ser Harras Harlaw.

Oathkeeper - one of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Ice. The blade was made for Ser Jaime Lannister, but he has given it to Brienne of Tarth for use in her quest to locate Sansa Stark. The blade was given its name, Oathkeeper, at that time.

Red Rain - the sword of House Drumm, which was stolen by them in a raid. Given the name and coloring, possibly the ancestral sword of House Reyne.

Widow’s Wail - one of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Ice. Following Joffrey Baratheon’s death, ownership of Widow’s Wail has presumably passed to his younger brother, Tommen.

The dagger with dragonbone hilt wielded by Bran Stark’s failed assassin - currently in the possession of Petyr Baelish.

Valyrian steel arakh - owned by Caggo.

Valyrian steel axe - reputedly possessed by House Celtigar.

Seems like the proper strategy is to flood the area just north of the wall so the white walkers can't pass. Then send dragons in to finish them with fire.

I'll be over here making plans to save the rest of the literary world if anyone needs me.

In the books the walkers can't pass until someone blows the horn of Joramun which Euron Greyjoy might have but I can see the show dispensing with that plot thread.

Seeing as Valyrian steel might become important fighting the White Walkers, here is an update of the Valyrian steel weapons in Westeros that I saw somewhere and figured I'd share:

Heartsbane - the ancestral two-handed greatsword of House Tarly, currently in the possession of Lord Randyll Tarly.

Lady Forlorn - the ancestral sword of House Corbray, currently in the possession of Ser Lyn Corbray.

Longclaw - the ancestral Valyrian steel bastard sword of House Mormont. Currently in the possession of Jon Snow.

Nightfall - the ancestral blade of House Harlaw and currently wielded by Ser Harras Harlaw.

Oathkeeper - one of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Ice. The blade was made for Ser Jaime Lannister, but he has given it to Brienne of Tarth for use in her quest to locate Sansa Stark. The blade was given its name, Oathkeeper, at that time.

Red Rain - the sword of House Drumm, which was stolen by them in a raid. Given the name and coloring, possibly the ancestral sword of House Reyne.

Widow’s Wail - one of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Ice. Following Joffrey Baratheon’s death, ownership of Widow’s Wail has presumably passed to his younger brother, Tommen.

The dagger with dragonbone hilt wielded by Bran Stark’s failed assassin - currently in the possession of Petyr Baelish.

Valyrian steel arakh - owned by Caggo.

Valyrian steel axe - reputedly possessed by House Celtigar.
I was thinking about this in regards to the above: If dragon glass (glass made from dragon's fire?) kills white walkers, and so does Valyrian steel, and Valyrians had dragons, does it then become reasonable to suspect that Valyrian steel was forged either with dragon glass or with dragon's fire itself?

I've never read the books, so I'm hypothesizing here.

Back