Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Mike and Ricky are great people and have done a superb job throughout.

My hats off to the both of you!

Just wanted to take a second and say thank you to the two captains. I know that through much of the journey, not everybody will agree with everything, but these two were asked to take on a task that had never been done on THP (so there was no idea how it would go), get nothing for it, outside of some room and board and do so for the love of this community.

MikeDeanFourHundredAndFortyOne and Devrickus took it on themselves, got the ball rolling and handled it all in stride. They will go to battle, and you bet they both want to win, but they both want a great event even more than that (well maybe not more, but as much). Join me today in saying thanks to these two guys, because for all the crap they take about swag and ranting, etc they did this thankless task for the people here and the community as a whole.

Thank you to two awesome guys. Couldn't have asked for a better captain

Two great guys. I am really happy with the way this event is shaping up. It's going to be hard to top.

Thanks for the kind words, it has certainly been different being a part of an event like this but in a different role. Just want to make sure its a great event for everyone involved, the sponsors and the community. if thats accomplished then it will be a success.

Love seeing the hard work and dedication both captains have given their respective teams. You two will captain two great teams that will put on one hell of an event.

Thank you for the kind words Josh. There have certainly been ups and downs along the way but I am extremely proud of the effort all 16 guys have put in. I know they are going to put on a show. Shout out to Mike as well. He has been great to work with and I couldnt have asked for a better person to share this experience with. Both teams are coming to win so it should be a hell of a battle.

Mike has been a great Capt and Im sure Dev is doing the same for his team!

Thank you both. I am sure you are both working hard and doing everything to make it an awesome event for their teams and something that will be great to follow along with.

two good guys that I can't wait to meet soon

Well said, JB. Both Ricky and Mike have been absolutely fantastic.

Yea, Mike's pretty cool....I guess.

j/k, he has been a spectacular captain, and something tells me Dev has been great as well. Great job fellas!

Random thought, yes, we are all working to build our own individual legacies. We workout, we hit pitch after pitch, take lessons, stay at the course past dark putting. Maybe we are evaluating stats and scores to see where we can see the biggest improvements with swing fixes and whatnot. But then we are also doing it for our teammates. We want the team to win. We want each other to be successful. We want the team to create it's own legacy. Team Heritage, Legacy Champions, has a nice ring to it. And since each of us is working hard for our team, we are also, as a team, working hard for our Captains. And that is because the Captains are working hard for us, so we are also working on the Captains' Legacy. And then, we want our competitors to play their best. Because the level of competition we play against plays a role in our legacies.

And so, now that the individuals, the teams, the adverse teams, and the captains, are all working hard to build our Legacies, no one should forget that we are also building a Legacy of THP, for all of us to work our hardest to prove this is the best community anywhere, golf or otherwise.

~Rock

Agreed. All the time and effort being put in and they aren't even playing in the event, let alone getting a bag full of amazing new sticks.

Their commitment to the THP community in general and we lucky 16 guys in particular is outstanding and to be commended. Well done dudes!

2 great captains in this, 2 guys I am proud to call friends.

The Captains for this event are amazing and I have feeling they are only getting started.
The amount of work they are putting in considering they aren't even playing is remarkable, and it motivates me even more to show up in Myrtle having achieved my goals and perform for my Captain.

Okay that's it.
Swag for the captains....

To fit both of their THP celebrity profile, I will do it the way people picture them gettting it.

MikeDean - Swag Swag Swag...Nom Nom Nom
DevRickus - Rant about swag

I know the thoughts are there, but these two complex individuals are more than swag and rant threads...
Well a little bit more anyways. :D

Big thanks to Mike and Ricky for stepping up and being amazing captains for this great event. I know your teams are happy to have both of you at the helms of your respective ships.

We almost need to set up a battle between the captains. It could be like "Matchup" in Heartbreak Ridge. Ricky can be Gunny Highway and Mike can be Major Powers.

Im over-rated just ask anyone

Where does the line start???

:alien:

In all seriousness, it's been fun watching you guys handle your captains roles. Looking forward to seeing the competition.

I stopped reading at captains getting swag...see you all in 50 days

Mike has been one amazing captain. He is always available to talk and very involved. I couldn't be more proud to be part of his team.

One thing I will say about Dev is he is a stand up guy. I remember when I was chosen for this event, he PM'd me to congratulate me. It's the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dev isn't too shabby, can't wait to go to war for him.

That 441 guy seems pretty decent too.

Can't say enough about Ricky, how much he has inspired me to be my best, and how much I truly want to win for him. I'm sure team Heritage feels the same about Mike. Thanks guys for playing the part perfectly, and we can only hope Ricky can finish the Paul McGinley part, and Mike continues his best Tom Watson.

Two great Captains as bookends for this awesome event! I've been lucky enough to be friends with both of these guys for a while. I'm excited to spend time with both of them down in Mytle Beach.

If Mike would just stop yelling at us all the time, he'd be the best captain ever. Talk about task master. Not sure I've recovered from the last tongue lashing I got for going to my grandmother's funeral instead of practicing in a hail storm.

Just kidding of course. Mike has been great. Offering nothing but encouragement to his guys. I wouldn't want to create my Legacy for any other captain... "Definitely"

Back